Not everything in life is about money.

Drem

fgt

Quoted from Tafka

[…]

How the f is HL cancer to “comp tf2”?
More views means more money from “sponsors”
More money means more ppl want to go pro and more ppl will watch -> more money

Biggest cancer to TF2 is there being 10 different sites who try to be community , running leagues and casting.And all are badly desgined

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

Kaneco

The prem rule should be enforced at all times for official games whether there are casts or not, nothing screams unprofessional more than having a guy name-trolling in game on officials.

I don’t even know why you thought about removing it, it’s some of the best improvements made the past few months on the ruleset and it should be kept for prem always

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Few casts -> remove the rule -> an even lower chance of casts

Even if some games aren’t being casted, it’s not exactly a difficult task to use your own nickname so you might as well leave the rule in to make it easier and more professional for the casts that do happen.

If abiding to the rule was a massive pain then I could see why you’d remove it, but it’s not and so I don’t really see why it has been removed.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Why would you not want to have this rule? Seems pretty stupid to not enforce it.

quintosh

wL.

it got added again ok

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Nymthae

Even if some games aren’t being casted, it’s not exactly a difficult task to use your own nickname so you might as well leave the rule in to make it easier and more professional for the casts that do happen.

If abiding to the rule was a massive pain then I could see why you’d remove it, but it’s not and so I don’t really see why it has been removed.

You’re pretty close to the truth.

fawwles

TSUN~

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
Not everything in life is about money.

wrong

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Nymthae

If SNSD all changed their name to some variant of Swedish I still wouldn’t be put off casting, I can tell Tviq is their sniper no matter if his name is something different. I would also message team leaders pre-cast to find out the line-up.

The only reason there should be a rule is if some viewers watch it and think “why is he calling their sniper “Tviq when his name is “xxx” and that confuses people and when people are confused, they can react by not watching. It’s not a huge deal, we’re talking mere dozens of numbers and sponsorship in this game is very minimal, I am not in a position to care about potential sponsors, I want to watch TF2.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

If SNSD all changed their name to some variant of Swedish I still wouldn’t be put off casting, I can tell Tviq is their sniper no matter if his name is something different. I would also message team leaders pre-cast to find out the line-up.

The only reason there should be a rule is if some viewers watch it and think “why is he calling their sniper “Tviq when his name is “xxx” and that confuses people and when people are confused, they can react by not watching. It’s not a huge deal, we’re talking mere dozens of numbers and sponsorship in this game is very minimal, I am not in a position to care about potential sponsors, I want to watch TF2.

You have the gift of knowledge here ;)

As someone who gives very little care to highlander (sorry Hildreth <3) I can't really be bothered to work out who is who. That said, if I were *really* keen to watch a game it wouldn't stop me at all – but it probably would make me think player X is an idiot if they have an idiotic name ;p

I'm just the average lazy person who doesn't care enough to put extra effort in, when it could simply be avoided.

AnimaL

id watch highlander stream if i would know shintaz is playing.. but prolly not if xxcuntdestroyerxx is…
just sayin…

Trell

|UKCS|

Can I request that prem players don’t advertise hack sites in their name too?

Bear in mind that sometimes our cartoon fun game gets frontpaged on twitch and people seeing ‘prem’ players with debateably crossing the line urls in their name is bad, ok.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Trell

Bear in mind that sometimes our cartoon fun game gets frontpaged on twitch and people seeing ‘prem’ players with debateably crossing the line urls in their name is bad, ok.

http://etf2l.org/2013/03/08/season-14-powered-by-twitch-playoffs-information-and-other-stuff/

2.5 Abusive behaviour and racism in ETF2L matches and on the site is not welcome
Any offensive behaviour including but not limited to swearing, racist comments and advertising cheats will be prosecuted and may lead to warnings for your team, forum bans and league bans, in severe cases. This applies to the following rules 2.5.1 – 2.5.5.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Trell

Already done, check http://etf2l.org/2013/03/08/season-14-powered-by-twitch-playoffs-information-and-other-stuff[Link][/url]

AnimaL

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
http://etf2l.org/2013/03/08/season-14-powered-by-twitch-playoffs-information-and-other-stuff/
[…]

http://etf2l.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/20130221_2028_cp_process_rc2_red_cc_score.jpg

now, he hasnt done that again, but i missed the point of it in first place…

Last edited by AnimaL,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »