Forum

XML API returns malformed data

Created 12th February 2013 @ 06:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Your XML API does not properly escape characters, which renders the XML invalid in certain circumstances. For example:

<team id="15758" country="France" tc="2" tag=""M&M's"">M&M's revolution</team>

Last edited by octochris,

Spike Himself

TC

I believe dave is rewriting the whole thing. No ETA as of yet afaik, but it’s definitely in the works!

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Confirmed.

Crafz

cmon htmlspecialchars is so easy to do

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spike Himself

I believe dave is rewriting the whole thing. No ETA as of yet afaik, but it’s definitely in the works!

okay, great. but in the meantime, could this please be fixed?

Crafz

On the upside the etf2l api is better then steams xml api :D

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

okay, great. but in the meantime, could this please be fixed?

If you can give us a reason why this is more important than the other 50+ items on the to-do list, I’m sure we can prioritise this issue.

Crafz

Because this fix should not take more then 5 minutes of your time?

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Sorry to disappoint you Crafz, but you really don’t have an idea about how fucked up the codebase of the ETF2L is. :)

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Crafz

Just because you got to learn how to code and thanks to a massive amount of luck had your project excel doesn’t mean everything’s been laid in front of you already sir, it’s quite the opposite.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from nTraum

Sorry to disappoint you Crafz, but you really don’t have an idea about how fucked up the codebase of the ETF2L is. :)

I want to laugh but I’m crying :(

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Crafz

There are many more items on our to-do list that also should not take more than 5 minutes. As I said, if someone has a good reason for this one to be more important than the rest, by all means share :)

Quoted from Arie

[…]

I want to laugh but I’m crying :(

And you don’t even have to work with it. Go figure how our coders feel :P

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Crafz

Quoted from freshmeatt

Just because you got to learn how to code and thanks to a massive amount of luck had your project excel doesn’t mean everything’s been laid in front of you already sir, it’s quite the opposite.

Do you even know anything about coding? The solution should be really easy. So, you post the id or steamid to the server, the server looks data up in the mysql db, there should be some array called $name or something $clean_name = htmlspecialchars($name); , done. I just had to do a fix like that in my json api 2 days ago. I am truly far away for a professional, but how could it be harder then that?

Last edited by Crafz,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Crafz

I am truly far away for a professional, but how could it be harder then that?

Quoted from Spike Himself

There are many more items on our to-do list that also should not take more than 5 minutes. As I said, if someone has a good reason for this one to be more important than the rest, by all means share :)

It’s about workflow and priorities, not one’s ability to recognize and fix the issue. Besides, even if something is simple, uncomplicated, by definition, doesn’t mean it hasn’t been convoluted specifically to fit one’s implementation.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

vani

Bully

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
[…]
It’s about workflow and priorities, not one’s ability to recognize and fix the issue. Besides, even if something is simple, uncomplicated, by definition, doesn’t mean it hasn’t been convoluted specifically to fit one’s implementation.

Do you even know anything about coding?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »