Forum

[S3] Provisional map pool feedback

Created 14th October 2012 @ 16:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Ritalin

[d¿s]

very promising provisional map pool, good job admins. i feel like the only thing missing is a 5cp map. in terms of HL, gully is fun, granary is decent, foundry is a last resort.

i’d suggest this:

Week 1: Badwater
Week 2: Gravelpit
Week 3: Upward
Week 4: Lakeside
Week 5: Gullywash

Setlet

Swiftwater was a bad map during the spring season, but my friend told me that the map author has made a lot of changes to it, making it better. I haven’t played it yet, but I heard it’s pretty liked in UGC. I think it should be given a chance.

A 5 cp map should be added. I’d pick granary. Gully and foundry are “stalematey”. It’s very hard to push out of your last point or your 2nd point.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

I agree, 5cp map instead of the CTF map would work so much better with HL

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from aura

cp_steel anyone?

Also yes please.
By far the most tactical HL map I have ever played, it’s great for 9v9.

So many different routes and ways to play the map, make it incredibly interesting

alba

duplo

I think process could be a really good 5 cp map for highlander imo

Beanie

Quoted from alba

I think process could be a really good 5 cp map for highlander imo

Yeah, I agree, I love process, I would want that in the ETF2L league. just please, not haunt or swiftwater.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Can we please not have any CTF. I mean, if you must have one, do go for converge as it creates interesting games (when the teams know the rules of the map, I’m looking at you Germany vs. France).

Maybe swap lakeside out for pro viaduct. Lakeside is quite a large map whilst Viaduct is smaller and more interesting to watch and participate in IMO.

And stick on a 5cp map, Gullywash/Granary gets my vote. I’d replace the CTF map with 5cp. Yes, I get it, sometimes it can be slow, but CTF is horrible to play, watch and for the poor guy stuck on your team as engineer, watdo, he doesn’t have a very exciting game either.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

watdo? Take the infinite ammo gun and a mini sentry and go rape some face? With 200 pistol bullets, literally infinite ammo with the widowmaker and an ‘ickle sentry gun too, gone are the days of sitting in intel room and doing nothing…

Oh who am I kidding, engy in 9v9 ctf…dull dull dull, but if you’re willing to play engy in highlander then you must quite like the slow pace of some engy tf2.

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Setlet

A 5 cp map should be added. I’d pick granary. Gully and foundry are “stalematey”. It’s very hard to push out of your last point or your 2nd point.

Granary is as stalematy as gully or foundry (if not even more), 5cp maps are very poorly designed in terms of hl. The only good 5cp map for hl is follower but it is not much played in EU.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from irfx

[…]

Granary is as stalematy as gully or foundry (if not even more), 5cp maps are very poorly designed in terms of hl. The only good 5cp map for hl is follower but it is not much played in EU.

Neither is haunt, so why not replace swiftwater with follower so you could have a 5cp instead of 4 a/d?

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

yer, follower for haunt, viaduct for swiftwater

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Muuki

[…]Neither is haunt, so why not replace swiftwater with follower so you could have a 5cp instead of 4 a/d?

Personally, from a point of a player, not an admin, I hate ctf mode for hl. I would be happy if haunt was replaced with follower. Though swiftwater is good, have not expected such a dislike of it.

pala4

always loved steel – the best highlander map ever
a lot of different ways to play it and the map that needs coordination and team play instead of just dming on koth maps
why gravelpit and not steel?
haunt is bad because it is bad
there are so many maps better so I cant understand why it is chosen for the mappool
if you want a ctf map pick turbine – the only playable ctf map in the game
my mappool:
Week 1: Badwater
Week 2: Steel
Week 3: Upward
Week 4: Lakeside + Turbine
Week 5: [Swiftwater]

Monkeh

dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl, dustbowl etc.

Also steel is a boss map.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Scatterbrain

SpA|com

i’m with other people in wanting to see steel played – i’d swap out either gpit or swiftwater for it. not because those are particularly bad maps, only that they’re the weakest and (in my experience) least played of the current pool, whilst steel is probably the most complex and so, imo, the most fun highlander map out there.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »