Forum

[CUP] Quickfix feedback thread

Created 5th July 2012 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Enemy medic using quick fix? You havin’a bad day? Try Valve’s new kritzkreig out. It charges at the same rate, gives vital overhead AND, for today only, 1 crit sticky makes 100 health a second seem all the more bearable. Keep on smilin’ now and turn that bad day into an awesome one.

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from Monkeh

Enemy medic using quick fix? You havin’a bad day? Try Valve’s new kritzkreig out. It charges at the same rate, gives vital overhead AND, for today only, 1 crit sticky makes 100 health a second seem all the more bearable. Keep on smilin’ now and turn that bad day into an awesome one.

Actually, while in theory both charge at the same rate, in practice, the Kritzkrieg charges /slightly/ slower. That’s why killing the enemy medic as soon as possible is extremely important when using the QF (And because of this, it’s not the best choice against Kritz, although it can still work).

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

[…]

Actually, while in theory both charge at the same rate, in practice, the Kritzkrieg charges /slightly/ slower. That’s why killing the enemy medic as soon as possible is extremely important when using the QF (And because of this, it’s not the best choice against Kritz, although it can still work).

Quickfix always charges at maximum speed (32s). Kritkzrieg speed depends on how much you build it, from 32 to 64 seconds. So depending on how much your opponents build it and how much pressure you can put on, you can pop megaheal and kill the demo/medic before they have kritz.

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from emb

[…]

Quickfix always charges at maximum speed (32s). Kritkzrieg speed depends on how much you build it, from 32 to 64 seconds. So depending on how much your opponents build it and how much pressure you can put on, you can pop megaheal and kill the demo/medic before they have kritz.

Exactly. And in practice, there are going to be times where they are not building uber (although not many if they’re smart).

Chad

.:EnG!:.
<3

Just finished High Bracket final and I have to say,the quickfix is awesome.First of all,it raises the skill level bar a notch and requires an a decent enough amount of teamwork to be almost efficient with it.You can do insane roll-outs with this thing with the help of a demo and get to mid really fast and no,that doesn’t mean the medic insta dies since demos are already the fastest ones to mid and they don’t usually get killed in a few seconds in a mid fight.

The quickfix makes fast paced games and really,this is what competitive tf2 needs.Take a look at quake or cs,people like to watch them because they’re fast paced,no one holds a choke point with uber afraid to push for 5 minutes.The quickfix also heals faster,this reduces the time needed to spend with the medic to be fullhealth or overhealed meaning you spend less time backing up for heals,more time killing people.

I strongly encourage people to try this weapon out and hopefully it won’t get banned next season as this definitely improves tf2’s comp side.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

sounds good but then it should be quickfix only, because imagine granary mid to 2nd if u use quickfix u prolly have no chance against an uber (pls correct me if iam wrong) cuz u need to go trough chokepoints and your medic cant just easily jump out with the charge etc.

i definetly agree with the skill enhancement and the fast paced gameplay argument

Last edited by smziii,

WildEast

<3

Well megahealing with a quickfix doesn’t want you rushing in like a retard and walking all over stickies or spam fests like ubercharge does, it does require dodging jumping strafing and it does tolerate that by healing you with more than 100hp/sec. I believe a charged megaheal stands a better chance against an ubercharge, since you can force uber and run backwards easily by making your medic jump backwards, and rushing back in with your fast charging megaheal. Also, you can switch to ubercharge ingame if you think its going to work better for a certain situation, same way you do with kritz.

One thing I noticed too was, kills. I checked the frag list after the maps and found out that about 6-7 players got over 30 kills and up to 40, since the game was really fast paced and had shitload of encounters, that in no way is a bad thing. You can also make up dozens of rollouts and you’ll find some roullouts taking 2-3 seconds less than a normal rollout does.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

My only worry, from the feedback I hear, is that quick fix is an instant win mid fight, if the rollout is so much faster, hope I am wrong.

Netsky

Quoted from CrashSite

My only worry, from the feedback I hear, is that quick fix is an instant win mid fight, if the rollout is so much faster, hope I am wrong.

Same here.

I really like the weapon and agree to most if not all arguments above, but we might check this issue mentioned by Crashsite.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from WildEast

One thing I noticed too was, kills. I checked the frag list after the maps and found out that about 6-7 players got over 30 kills and up to 40, since the game was really fast paced and had shitload of encounters, that in no way is a bad thing. You can also make up dozens of rollouts and you’ll find some roullouts taking 2-3 seconds less than a normal rollout does.

Just putting it out there that the reason there was more kills is because you have 33% less health (no buff!) :D

Last edited by Admirable,

WildEast

<3

Quoted from CrashSite

Not really, you do reach mid fast but with no soldiers, and soldiers won’t come mid overhealed if not a bit less than full hp in some maps. If demo and scouts are careless their medic will die before the other medic even gets to mid.

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

Just putting it out there that the reason there was more kills is because you have 33% less health (no buff!) :D

Not really :), the +50% overheal is not much of a problem because the quickfix heals 40% faster than the normal medigun and gives you the mobility of other classes so you can heal them easily mid air.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

The quick fix should be allowed just so medics could do the jump on granary up the pipe and into the top of garage

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from smziii

sounds good but then it should be quickfix only, because imagine granary mid to 2nd if u use quickfix u prolly have no chance against an uber (pls correct me if iam wrong) cuz u need to go trough chokepoints and your medic cant just easily jump out with the charge etc.

i definetly agree with the skill enhancement and the fast paced gameplay argument

You can push through garage and then top or bot ;)

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from CrashSite

So there are serious concerns about the QF being too strong now? Interesting, very interesting.

Regen

nf.
9F

Instant win on mid fights isn’t something you should be worried of to be honest.
Depending on what kind of rollout you will do your demo gets to mid somewhat slower or on lower hp, the sollies don’t have a buff neither do the scouts, sure you can get some stickies on their door before they come out but it’s not an instant win i’d say.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »