Forum

[CUP] Quickfix feedback thread

Created 5th July 2012 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Use this thread to give feedback on the Quickfix cup and the following unlocks in 6v6:

– Quickfix
– Overdose

The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Please keep it civil.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quick-fix

Upsides:
– Allows for unorthodox pushes that would otherwise not be possible (like pushing to balcony from gray bridge on badlands).
– Uber effect can be used for several purposes. To quickly heal up the entire team, to save the medic etc.
– Can be used for fast pushes and high-ground defense
– Faster healing rate.
– Faster charge rate, pocket doesn’t need to spend health and ammo building uber; 100% build effectiveness will always be ensured.

Downsides:
– Leaves medic more vulnerable, although not as vulnerable as kritzkrieg would do.
– Not a viable counter to either kritzkrieg or medigun (i.e the slightest uber advantage HAS to be used).
– No overheal.

That being said, I think the quick-fix needs more time developing. The meta-game of this new weapon won’t be settled on a one-night cup.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I don’t see any reason to ban the quick-fix. I also don’t think many teams will find it very useful versus over-heal and shinies.

If you can work out how to make it work then good for you. Allow, from next season onwards, obviously.

Last edited by Monkeh,

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Both should definitely be allowed. Neither of them are overpowered in any way. Hell, if anything, the Quick-fix is somewhat underpowered (due to only having any real applicable uses in one situation – The initial mid fight) and the overdose is balanced. The Quick-fix has its uses just like the Kritzkrieg; It’s not going to replace either the Medi Gun or the Kritzkrieg, no, it’s going to complement them. When using the Quick-fix the medic is basically exchanging overheal for very fast healing and having a charge before the other medic does.

It also creates some really interesting situations: On Badlands, for example, it allows the Medic to get to mid at 9:42, alongside the demo and the scouts, with ~55% charge. This means -20 health on each of the scouts on the QF medic’s team in exchange for the possibility of being very quickly healed back up to full health. The downside? Unless your team manages to kill the other medic before your charge ends, there’s a very big chance that you’re going to lose the mid.

Limp.

EPA

Quick fix is totally useless. Yhe you can jump with it, but whey would you wanna jump with med middle of enemyes and die? You get faster to mid with all your team beeing low healt no buffs
Uber on it is usless just 2 simultaneous rockest(or stickys) and boom your medic is dead.

unu

So did people actually use the Quick fix in this cup? I want to hear some stories about it :)

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from Limp.

Quick fix is totally useless. Yhe you can jump with it, but whey would you wanna jump with med middle of enemyes and die? You get faster to mid with all your team beeing low healt no buffs
Uber on it is usless just 2 simultaneous rockest(or stickys) and boom your medic is dead.

1) You don’t automatically die from jumping to the middle. If used [correctly] exceptionally, you get to mid at the same time as their demo or even before, meaning the only big, immediate threat is their demo (although their scouts are sure to not be far away).

2) Your team does not get there that low. There are medpacks on the way to mid on most maps. Take badlands for example: If one soldier goes by the house/balcony and grabs the medpack, only the other soldier will get to mid low (and if he comes to mid through the valley, it’s not that low).

2.1) You can heal teammates. Just because they might get there low doesn’t mean they have to stay low.

3) You forgot to mention that it needs to be 2 DIRECT rockets or 2 stickies RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE MEDIC for it to kill the medic. Otherwise, the damage is pretty much negligible. (This, of course, means that sticky traps invalidate the megaheal).

Last edited by MoneyGrabber,

Setlet

It needs a lot of work to get used to a quickfix medic. A one cup isn’t enough.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

If possible, it would be great to cast the high bracket final for this so there’s more exposure for those who didn’t sign up. It would be interesting to assess the dynamics from a spectator’s point of view.

Although, I guess STV would be enough to do that.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Just a little note: just before the match we found out that the whitelist for the quickfix cup wasn’t working. And because of the short timewindow between the matches in cups, we started playing though. But because there was so much confusion about the list in our team, it totally screwed up our match/concentration.

Could we get another quickfix cup, cuz I really liked the idea.

Last edited by Andee,

Regen

nf.
9F

Being a finalist, we’ve played 3 maps with the quickfix, we probably used the quickfix 80% of the time the other 20% being kritz and normal uber.

I feel like the quick fix really is a ‘sidegrade’ as they call it.
It leaves the medic really vulnerable at times, aswell as his healing targets obviously.
The rollouts are pretty annoying as a demoman, as demoman you kinda do rely on that full buff at the start you don’t really get.
This does allow a pretty nice variation in rollouts though, the medic can pretty much jump wherever he wants to with a solly/demoman
It is somewhat forgiving though, if you get into a fight and you want to back out you can just heal the solly that’s going to jump out of the fight into safety and follow him there.

As has been said a one night cup isn’t going to show the full perspective on this weapon and it should definately be tested more.
I think it’d be a great addition to the game in my opinion, can change up some things nicely

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

I believe there is no reason to ban the quickfix as I see it perfectly balanced, it does however require a lot of teamwork sync and specific tactics, which adds more depth to the game and makes it a lot more dynamic. It also requires more skill out of the medics response-wise, since you have to sync jumping and strafing with your mates, as well as the need to be more fast thinker in-game due to the fast pace.

If you are facing a normal uber, you can force them with your megaheal and jump backwards with your medic and go back in when you get your megaheal charged, but these fast paced actions are not as easy as it sounds because you’ll make mistakes, having the game that fast, either going into a sticky trap which is a megaheal-proof or sync’d spam from the other team. So yeah, I guess it does raise the skill bar of the game. Will check other stuff out when I test it more.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

3) You forgot to mention that it needs to be 2 DIRECT rockets or 2 stickies RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE MEDIC for it to kill the medic. Otherwise, the damage is pretty much negligible. (This, of course, means that sticky traps invalidate the megaheal).

Yh its useless beacuse if enemy team have at least totaly retarded brain thay can do random spam on medic and kill him and totaly shut down the push. And quickfix really can’t be uesd defencive.

But yh you can totaly allow it as its useless.

MoneyGrabber

IdPT

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Yh its useless beacuse if enemy team have at least totaly retarded brain thay can do random spam on medic and kill him and totaly shut down the push. And quickfix really can’t be uesd defencive.

But yh you can totaly allow it as its useless.

And if the medic is not retarded he can hide from the spam/take some spam without dying, since the Megaheal heals 100 health per second while in combat.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from MoneyGrabber

[…]

And if the medic is not retarded he can hide from the spam/take some spam without dying, since the Megaheal heals 100 health per second while in combat.

Or just jump with a soldier or a demo.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »