Forum

Allowing a few unlocks?

Created 7th June 2012 @ 11:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from skeej

Great loads of text

First thing to come to my mind before even reading it: what the fuck skeej.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Wow that was a boring read.

Just do a 2v2 targe and charge cup, me and Mould represent.

TF2 is saved again.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Hildreth

Wow that was a boring read.

Just do a 2v2 targe and charge cup, me and Mould represent.

TF2 is saved again.

I want targe is 6v6 to replace roamers damn it, screw your 2v2 cup damn it
damn it all

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Then it would just be CrashSite targing the medic opposed to jumping him.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Hildreth

Then it would just be CrashSite targing the medic opposed to jumping him.

Is this a bad thing?

crime is confusing

freshmeatt

‹Con›

We need the ladder to be up and running.
http://ozfortress.com/showthread.php?p=798329

enwyze

I really really really would love to see the Boston Basher but why changing something that works?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I’ll _try_ keep this one short as I said I wouldn’t reply.

I think you’re right with one thing you said skeej. Mainly about my liking of a different genre of game. You are right in the sense that TF2 is an FPS at its core, and so aiming is a key part of it. I guess my feelings towards the game are that we have been given a game that has turned into more of a hybrid genre, with items, classes, but in an FPS style of play.

This genre appeals to me and I personally think that adds something different to TF2, from the other FPS games out there, and that could potentially make it a very successful esport, except it’s not being used, as the competitive game is highly restricted.

You take a game like league of legends, and look at its success. It has thousands of possible and viable combinations of champions, items and skills, yet you still have the same teams sitting at the top, due to a better understanding of the game, better teamwork and better control of their characters. I’ll stop on this comparison now, as they are pretty much impossible to compare, but it was the concept that I was trying to get across. You can have a highly diverse, competitive game, that is constantly changing, and still be a successful esport.

I guess that’s why most people disagree with my opinions on unlocks. It’s because they want a true FPS game, while I’m leaning towards a hybrid game. I do think both styles work, vanilla TF2 is a great game, it is highly competitive and it is enjoyable for most. I also think that a true, lightly restricted TF2 game could be equally as competitive, but it would probably bring in larger audiences, more teams, more excitement, and keep the competitive game reasonably close to the public game (which is important for bringing in new players as they aren’t alienated from the game they know), and lastly, keep it fresh.

And also skeej, Monster Munch wasn’t a top team no, but I’m never aiming to be the best when I’m playing a competitive game, I just want to be competitive around my level. I think like with most things, your skill level often reflects the amount of time you put into something, and I’ve never been willing to put in the amount of time needed to boost my natural ability to become one of the greats. Of course, gaming is a hobbie of mine, and I do put some time into it, and I do try to better myself, but I feel that my natural ability combined with the time I’m willing to put in, would never push me up to be the very best as there are others with equal ability, who are willing to put more time in, and those with a greater natural ability, putting in equal time (and thus being better).

I have gone through phases of playing different classes as my main. I’ve played scout/sniper, soldier and demoman, and some medic over in the US (these are all substantial periods, but the scout/sniper combo has been my most effective. Other classes in the game are simply non-factors. I’d personally like to explore a full time pyro role in 6v6, but the class needs additional unlocks to even be considered, otherwise it can never replace the effectiveness of a scout or soldier as a full time option. Anyway, that’s why I’m playing highlander :)

I so failed at keeping this short ;p

Beef

Dawson

thanks for putting my thoughts into words arx!

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from AcidReniX

snip

Just wanted to raise this one point, we had unlocks for a while and I never felt that is was the driving force. I did not see pubs flooding to comp, nor do I believe it provided bigger audiences either.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

I think we should allow all of these:
http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/cityonfire/
Discuss!

Drackk

best
sniper

Quoted from Miek

I think we should allow all of these:
http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/cityonfire/
Discuss!

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/952334/So-it-begins-the-great-shitstorm-of-our-time.jpg

Spike Himself

TC

oh you..

Godof

I think that the Gunboats should do just fine for roamers. That’s a much of a disadvantage not to have your shotgun,so jumping faster to middle covers it up, no overpower no underpower in my opinion.
Rest of the mentioned weapons shouldn’t be allowed.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

If you wish to raise the overall skill level of TF2 then allow gunboats.

Skill level shall be raised as I shall quit the game. It’s already pretty easy to bomb medics…why make it easier?

I watched some of pyyyour paying roamer at LANFEST or w/e it was called, jumping around with gunboats, in, out, roundabout and seriously…FUCK THAT.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 Next »