Forum

[HL S2] Map Pool Feedback

Created 21st February 2012 @ 13:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Linus

payload needs to be bo3 regardless, its absolutely stupid that its not right now, one single screw up can cost a team the entire map.

i like the idea of having 1 map a week for payload, and 2 for 5cp/koth

SabaSaba my boy goes huge, you guys try to play it down?! For shame…FOR SHAME..

Seriously though splitting maps up is an interesting concept…It would mean though we’d be putting in more maps, including some which we don’t feel are as good.

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from Hildreth

Seriously though splitting maps up is an interesting concept…It would mean though we’d be putting in more maps, including some which we don’t feel are as good.

How many are you wanting in then, and which do you consider not as good? I based my suggested rotation off Beef’s posted shortlist.

If there is a gravelpit_fixed in existence which we could use then I would put that in rather than gullywash in my earlier suggestion.

ashkan

_fixed maps were considered for last season as well (although there was some talk about it not working at the time). If I’m not mistaken, we ended up replacing Steel and letting teams play Gravelpit or replace it with _fixed or another maps (I think it was the same thing in 6v6, but again, I don’t really remember).

Personally, I think the non-bugged map pool we’re looking at seems pretty good (although that depends on the whole BO1/BO3 thing). Maybe 3 obvious choices (Badwater, Upward and Lakeside) and 2 experimental maps (e.g. Barnblitz and Foundry). If you include bugged maps like Steel and Gravelpit instead of the experimental maps, you’ll probably have to take out one or two maps anyway, in favour of experimental maps.

gears

how about pl_goldrush for the next season?

aura

Quoted from gears

no, just no

2) 2 maps per week with bo3 barnblitz and all other maps being bo1

3) Gravel Pit/Steel, Upward, Barnblitz, Lakeside, Foundry/Turbine

One thing that should be mentioned about cp_Foundry. In my opinion this map should be played with the time limit of 20 and first to capture “3” points(or “5” itös still pretty debatable). Since games can last up to “30” minutes and if no round wins had been made by both teams, it can last for more 10 minutes of golden cap so this map can be very long-lasting and not really interesting to watch for spectators. Not sure if we should include this map in season 2 though.

Last edited by aura,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from gears

goldrush is to highlander what freight is to 6v6

Cyber

TLR

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

goldrush is to highlander what freight is to 6v6

good?

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from Cyber

[…]
good?

boring, slow, not exciting at all, unfunny, unamusing?

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from aura

2) 2 maps per week with bo3 barnblitz and all other maps being bo1

3) Gravel Pit/Steel, Upward, Barnblitz, Lakeside, Foundry/Turbine

Why barnblitz bo3 but not upward bo3? I’d say either have payloads bo3 or bo1, but I see no reason to have different rules for each individual map.

inferniac

KOTH – idc, viaduct and lakeside are both good, if viaduct passes, please make it the pro version
5CP – Gully > Foundry always
Don’t really like turbine personally, so I’d much rather prefer 3 pl maps: Badwater, Upward, Barnblitz

1 map per week in BO3 seems like a good idea.

aura

Quoted from almightybob

[…]

Why barnblitz bo3 but not upward bo3? I’d say either have payloads bo3 or bo1, but I see no reason to have different rules for each individual map.

It’s too short for bo1 imo

Last edited by aura,

irfx

EPA

Every 1-staged PL map is short for bo1, unlike 3-staged goldrush or thundermountain. But these 2 maps are just worse than upward or even barnblitz.

Last edited by irfx,

ondkaja

IKEA

Three-staged maps do address the problem of payload being too punishing if your team makes a mistake, though. But I don’t know of any good maps that fit highlander.

Pwnski

Cp_follower? Its an awesome map for highlander

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from aura

It’s too short for bo1 imo

Fair enough, but then upward can go pretty quickly too. Plus there’s the argument raised by someone else that if you make upward/badwater bo1 then one mistake can cost you the map. I do see where you’re coming from though, bo3 upward/badwater could take an age whereas I doubt bo3 barnblitz really would.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »