Forum

[HL S2] Unlock Feedback

Created 29th January 2012 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from K9GM3

I’m new here, but I have been interested in Highlander competitions for a while. And if I were to join, I’d want the following items banned:

Spy-cicle – What’s the downside, really? Yeah, you lose your knife for 15 seconds, but I’d say that that’s a whole lot better than waiting to respawn for the same amount of time. The silent kills are just icing on the cake.

…Just some thoughts.

OH SNAP. Just for that we will BAN THE SPYCICLE FOR YOU. :D

What you have mentioned there does make a few good arguments, some weapons you mentioned we will definitely ban, some we won’t like The Soda Popper or Mad Milk because generally if you play Scout you’ll find the weapons are less useful in most given situations than having the default weaponry with more ammo. Mad Milk is a funny one because I dislike the ‘leeching’ effect but other than splashing lone targets you can usually kill b y yourself you’ll find you don’t have many opportunities to use it in a manner that will really kill any teams defence. I’d treat it like Jarate – splashed by the stuff I’d find some cover for a few seconds.

Wrangler will always be debatable, we have accepted we won’t ban it for now in it’s current state. It isn’t unbreakable…

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from Hildreth

OH SNAP. Just for that we will BAN THE SPYCICLE FOR YOU. :D

We can get things banned by making puns about them? Excellent.

Getting Jarated pisses me off.
I wish you’d cut out the YER.
I’m stunned you’re considering the Sandman, it’s a ballache.
The heated debate about the Phlogistinator has gone on long enough.
Who was the first to bring up the Original?
Ban the Blutsauger, it sucks.
The Machina seems like a gift from God.

etc.

Last edited by almightybob,

ashkan

Some final thoughts on the Phlogistinator perhaps.
Do you dislike it as much in Highlander as in public play? Would anyone even use it in Highlander? Do you have any FPS issues with it? Etc.

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from ashkan

Do you dislike it as much in Highlander as in public play? Would anyone even use it in Highlander? Do you have any FPS issues with it? Etc.

I’ve yet to see it used in a Highlander match, but then it’s been banned in UGC so given the option people might decide to go for it. And yes, I personally do get an FPS drop when a Phlog pyro is filling my screen with flames.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from almightybob

[…]

etc.

Quit stealing my heart

Quoted from JDx

A lot of random shit

This is the best thread i’ve read in a long long lonnng time. Thank you

on topic: allow direct shit and i’m happy

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from ashkan

I’m with yonus on this one. Like he said, it is pretty bad in highlander as you can’t airblast. It could be allowed IMO. Your team suffers a lot if you decide to make your pyro more lethal.

I don’t have any FPS issues, but I have quite new hardware so I should not be getting any.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Phloginithingymajog has one of the most annoying particle effects in the game. I can’t see any practical use for it in higher level matches, and if it upsets lower league games then they’ll just have to learn to counter it.

Quoted from almightybob

[…]

etc.

Marry me.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from ashkan

I have three issues with the phlogistinator:
1. The flames are unoptimised, making the FPS issues bigger than they should be.
2. The flames are incorrectly representing the hitbox, i.e. the flames seem to be bigger than they really are.
3. The damage from detonator/flaregun adds to the crits charge, so you can just spam from a safe distance to get the charge. IMO it would be better if you actually had to get behind the enemy in order to get a charge. And while that is hard, that should kinda be the point of having it, a situational ambush weapon whose charge is hard to get, but once you get it you can to a lot of damage.

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from emb

Marry me.

almightybob.ps has accepted emb’s “Something Special for Someone Special”! Congratulations!

EDIT: Same emb who was in the 6v9 with me?

Last edited by almightybob,

Selek

Dr. med.

I was just wondering what the official stance now is regarding the Machina and the Reserve Shooter. are the reasons for banning them before (shooting through Über and minicritting on players on stairs and jumping players respectively) not considered to be problematic anymore?

the sandman must die

ashkan

Quoted from Selek

I was just wondering what the official stance now is regarding the Machina and the Reserve Shooter. are the reasons for banning them before (shooting through Über and minicritting on players on stairs and jumping players respectively) not considered to be problematic anymore?

The Machina and Reserve Shooter were not banned in Season 1.
The experimental map cup basically just copied UGC rules, with unlocks barely being discussed.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

The Machina and Reserve Shooter were not banned in Season 1.
The experimental map cup basically just copied UGC rules, with unlocks barely being discussed.

That’s what I get for playing the EC and in the UGC. Thanks.

Tikcus

No weapon should be banned because of FPS issues, the only reason for banning anything should be on whether it is actually OP/Broken

I’d like to see the actual reasons for each ban being published from the admin team

Set hats (I assume becauyse of the need for hat, debatable now tha they are so esy to get)
Bombinomicon (spy reasons?)
Bootie Time (spy reasons?)
Jingle Belt (spy reasons?)
Holiday Punch ?
Enforcer (no downside when used with deadringer?)
Spy-cicle ?
Pomson 6000 ?
Phlogistinator ?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »