Quoted from Monkeh

massive cream cock

This basically sums up the entire thread

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

+1 for allowing the original.

Again Vanilla :(

Shame would be great to see some other weapons to be allow to maybe see some different plays and interesting plays.

kaidus

WiK?

Pros to the original:
Makes some soldiers happy.
Makes tf2 look 0.1% less like a shit cartoon kid shooter.

Cons to the original:
????

Show me one banned unlock with a scale of pros/cons similar to this and I’ll make it my personal mission to get the original removed from TF2 forever.

Stairs

-[S2L]

Only left sided viewmodels should be allowed because most people are right handed. It’s too intuitive and easy otherwise.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Stairs

Only left sided viewmodels should be allowed because most people are right handed. It’s too intuitive and easy otherwise.

Ambidextrous people rejoice!

atmo

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

:P

it’s actually quite useful on some jump maps, probably not a big deal in 6s though

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from kaidus

Pros to the original:
Makes some soldiers happy.
Makes tf2 look 0.1% less like a shit cartoon kid shooter.

Cons to the original:
????

Show me one banned unlock with a scale of pros/cons similar to this and I’ll make it my personal mission to get the original removed from TF2 forever.

You forgot the giant penisalike viewmodel for those that have them turned on. I’ll leave you guys to decide if its a pro or a con.

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from atmo

[…]

it’s actually quite useful on some jump maps, probably not a big deal in 6s though

The hell is 6s?

Also, gogo for the original!

Last edited by MR JOHNSON,

Ramown

TIDS

Quoted from MR JOHNSON

The hell is 6s?

What the McAmericans call 6v6.

Allow the overdose.
Fuck the original.

Trane

Vanilla + Medlocks is fine.

Don’t really see a problem with the original either.

As soon as you start entertaining the idea of other unlocks, you’ll have a massive debate over the reasons why X should be allowed and not Y, whereas another opinion will be that X is overpowered in certain circumstances but Y is fine.

Shitstorm.

antyjc

2ne1

BUT IT ISN’T EVEN VANILLA + MEDLOCKS.

WHY IS THE CROSSBOW ALLOWED. WHY IS THE OVERDOES NOT ALLOWED? WHY ARE THE OTHER MEDLOCKS NOT ALLOWED?

SOMEONE GIVE A FUCKING GOOD REASON TO SUPPORT BANNING THE ORIGINAL PLEASE OH MY GOD FUCK.

Kortz

.:ne:.

Quoted from antyjc

BUT IT ISN’T EVEN VANILLA + MEDLOCKS.

WHY IS THE CROSSBOW ALLOWED. WHY IS THE OVERDOES NOT ALLOWED? WHY ARE THE OTHER MEDLOCKS NOT ALLOWED?

SOMEONE GIVE A FUCKING GOOD REASON TO SUPPORT BANNING THE ORIGINAL PLEASE OH MY GOD FUCK.

For fucks sake stop being retarded and see the points other people make…
There doesn’t have to be a reason to ban the original in the first place you let one in you have to review every other unlock aswell. It was said in the first place and it’s been said now just for the love of god it’s not worth it. I couldn’t care less if you play with it or not but it’s just welcoming a whole new shitstorm.

djc

d2f~

but we already let “one” in. there are unlocks already allowed in. if allowing one unlock in means that we need to analyze all unlocks and their value, then why didn’t we instantly decide to look at every unlock when we decided “let’s unban the blutsauger, the ubersaw, the kritzkrieg!”???? even if you want to disregard those unlocks (for whatever illogical reason you have), nobody bat an eyelash when the crossbow was unbanned even though you can make waaaay more arguments against its use than the original.

Vali

-9w-

I’m pretty sure the crossbow is allowed because it’s fun to use or something, not because anybody actually sat down to discuss its merits. Maybe some admin could shed some light on the decision to allow it?

Anyway, vanilla + medlocks attempts to restrict the tf2 weapon choice to an era when the game was most balanced does it not? We play with the class limits and weapon selection that we do because it creates the most competitive game we can out of this casual cartoon shooter. The Original completely fits in line with this concept as it’s as pretty much as minor a (while still being meaningful) change to the rocketlauncher as you could probably make. Hell, it should have been included on other projectile weapons as a preference option added from the start. There is simply no decent argument against it other than people who want other, far more debateable unlocks throwing their toys out of the pram to spite others.

So given that vanilla + medlocks has always been a shit name, how about “The Originals”? The original stock weapons, the original unlocks (aka the first batch of medic unlocks) and of course the Original itself. Sorted.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Trane

As soon as you start entertaining the idea of other unlocks, you’ll have a massive debate over the reasons why X should be allowed and not Y, whereas another opinion will be that X is overpowered in certain circumstances but Y is fine.

Shitstorm.

Lets not discuss anything then, because that might lead to more discussion oh god.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »