Forum

[S11] Unlocks Feedback Thread!

Created 15th January 2012 @ 13:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 Next »

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]last time there was a poll it was 50/50 with like few % more for banning it, so it got banned on pixel

Get your facts straight. It was allowed 57% to 43%.

http://pickup.pixelgaming.eu/2011/08/19/the-original/

And that was back when the Original was brand new, cost a refined to buy, had no crafting recipe and no crit sounds. None of which is an issue anymore.

Here’s the answer, before the game ask your opponant “can i use the original?” if most are for it or indifferent as to be believed then im sure it’ll be allowed in every game, whats the problem?

Good luck finding opponents who will agree to removing the whitelist just for the Original. Two thirds of them wouldn’t even know how.

Last edited by emb,

lol, cool thread bros

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Enef

[…]

I don’t remember saying it was? I think my post was clear enough without anything added to it, maybe that’s the problem? People seem to think that EVERYONE wants the original, when in reality its a small, but vocal, minority.

I was merely expressing my disagreement with your statement. As for the vocal minority arguement, everyone is free to discuss on these forums. The barrier to entry can’t be any lower than it already is, if there are alot of people against The Original then where are they? Let them flood the forums with their opposition, if not they are indifferent.

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

I was merely expressing my disagreement with your statement. As for the vocal minority arguement, everyone is free to discuss on these forums. The barrier to entry can’t be any lower than it already is, if there are alot of people against The Original then where are they? Let them flood the forums with their opposition, if not they are indifferent.

its not about who is against and who is not. its about discussion. and tbh, you wont take any argument why it should be banned, you have your oppinion in your mind and dont accept other oppinions, that what these thread says.
so, why should the whole crowd write something down that you dont read/understand/blabla or anything else? there are a lot of arguments in this thread about some slight differences between the original and the normal rocket launcher. to every other oppinion than yourselves is you keep on trolling….. thats a good discussion?

and, before some flames will go on, with you i mean all the mates from etf2l posting here to unlock the original, not just only the one i quote.

if there is no difference, plz stop whining and go on playing, if there is a difference, i can understand why you want to have it, but plz, SAY that there is a difference and thats why you want to have it! or stop posting things in a thread which could be used for serious discussions…..
thats it for me here…..

mustardoverlord

:)

I don’t see what’s so complicated about this.

Some people prefer using the original, because they feel like they can aim better with it. There is no evidence to suggest that this is the case for everyone, or even the majority of people. These people are unhappy with using the regular rocket launcher. In some cases, they may have even used the original a lot in settings where it has been allowed (pickup games or MGE or whatever), and actually have to switch BACK now.

Yes, the original is somewhat of a grey area between a reskin and an unlock. But if you minimize its importance by saying “the difference is slight, so why do people care?”, you’re essentially putting it in with the reskins, in which case it should be allowed by default. If you admit that the difference can be larger, the question becomes, does it give an objective advantage to people who use it, or is it still personal preference, just not as slight as was first argued. If it’s the former it should be banned, but no one can seriously argue that because it’s fuckin retarded.

Allow it.

dAGNER

duplo

I’ve read through this entire thread now and the only “relevant” argument left against the original is some strange slippery slope fallacy that disregards middle ground. “If we unban the original, people may want to unban other things!” or “If we allow gays to get married then we’ll have to allow misogynists to get married too!” (This also implies that allowing misogynists to marry is a negative thing but that’s neither here nor there). The argument is based solely on assumptions and should not affect the original question (pun intended).

ashkan

Skimmed through some of the pages, saw some misconceptions, thought I’d leave two quick notes:

1) The Original is not considered a skin by the official wiki, as far as I know.
2) Beef is not a 6v6 admin.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from ashkan

Skimmed through some of the pages, saw some misconceptions, thought I’d leave two quick notes:

1) The Original is not considered a skin by the official wiki, as far as I know.

The only difference between The Original and a skin would be the centre viewmodel. It does no more/less damage than the normal Rocket Launcher and it does not require a different playstyle from the normal Rocket Launcher, all you do is adjust placement for jumps/aim to adapt to the different starting point of the rocket.

From the perspective of the person on the receiving end of the rocket it makes no difference whether you’re being hit by a rocket from the normal launcher or the Original.

I would elaborate further but I don’t see much point in rehashing things (in favor or against The Original) that have already been discussed in the thread.

I don’t see the relevance of Beef not being a 6v6 admin either, his contributions to the discussion were based on his own personal opinion and his admin statement merely served as a reminder that the thread was being followed.

Last edited by herpderp,

ashkan

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

The only difference between The Original and a skin would be the centre viewmodel. It does no more/less damage than the normal Rocket Launcher and it does not require a different playstyle from the normal Rocket Launcher, all you do is adjust placement for jumps/aim to adapt to the different starting point of the rocket.

From the perspective of the person on the receiving end of the rocket it makes no difference whether you’re being hit by a rocket from the normal launcher or the Original.

I would elaborate further but I don’t see much point in rehashing things (in favor or against The Original) that have already been discussed in the thread.

If you allow the Original, you might might have to state that explicitly, rather than assuming it goes under “all skins allowed”. That is the context in which the misconception was relevant, a few pages back.

I don’t see the relevance of Beef not being a 6v6 admin either, his contributions to the discussion were based on his own personal opinion and his admin statement merely served as a reminder that the thread was being followed.

Exactly. Not everyone interpreted it that way.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from ashkan

[…]
If you allow the Original, you might might have to state that explicitly, rather than assuming it goes under “all skins allowed”. That is the context in which the misconception was relevant, a few pages back.

Fair point, you would have to clarify it if it were to be allowed.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

I see no problem with explicitly stating it, might as well go ahead and do it now ashkan :D

ashkan

Quoted from slate

[…]

I see no problem with explicitly stating it, might as well go ahead and do it now ashkan :D

It’s decided then: We will allow the Original in the next Highlander season.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

:(

note to self: learn to distinguish between 6v6 and highlander admins.

ashkan

Quoted from slate

:(

note to self: learn to distinguish between 6v6 and highlander admins.

We really should have separate forum tags or something :P
Until then: http://etf2l.org/etf2l/staff/

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from ashkan

Who cares what the wiki says about The Original? I think we all agree that it’s not JUST a skin. THEREFORE, we have been putting forth arguments that support the inclusion of The Original to the whitelist, DESPITE it not truly being “a skin”. The whole “vanilla+medlocks semantics” argument is bullshit. We don’t have to explicitly state The Original being allowed because the effective game mechanics are not changed for the players that will be pitted against players using The Original. (once again, different audiovisuals are not an argument, we allow hats and we allow skins).

But like Ele said, we’re starting to repeat arguments here, simply because we feel that admins do not even read them. And if they do read them, there seems to be some failure of comprehension.

@cAPS : Wholeheartedly agree, it’s a simple slippery slope fallacy which the admins are trying to grab onto. 76 days on ETF2L and even this guy gets it ;D

The rumours that I heard is that the ETF2L admins were really close to allowing The Original, but then it was decided to keep it off the whitelist because …

Well there is no real because. If any admin would feel free to explain the rational decisionmaking that went into this, I would gladly read it. It would have been an enormous gesture to show that community input is valued, and I’m not talking about meaningless polls where everyone can chime in without backing up their opinion.

Last edited by skeej,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 Next »