Forum

Agree/Disagree voting to recruitment posts

Created 1st December 2011 @ 21:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Jakle

The recruitment section is becoming a jungle and since people don’t like negative posts on their topics then perhaps something else will help keep the peace.

SKILL POLICE

i think this is a rly good idea

Why bother? It will be just like youtube with the thumbs up/down. Possibly worse :P

Also kinda impossible since players can edit their skill level / description at any time they like anyways :D

And comments give more insight anyways.

Ghostface

spire

Same thing as negative posts but with the benefit of anonimity and speed.

Sounds good.

atomic-

Quoted from SKILL POLICE

i think this is a rly good idea

Jakle

Quoted from Datenshi

Why bother? It will be just like youtube with the thumbs up/down. Possibly worse :P

Also kinda impossible since players can edit their skill level / description at any time they like anyways :D

And comments give more insight anyways.

I have seen many people be very honest about what they aim for and some who are way off and imagine teams searching for people will find it hard to tell which is which.

Hopefully something like this would give some more indication.

akarin

Decent idea.

evokje

WiK?

If you care that much about the comments then just dissable them = problem fixed?

Last edited by evokje,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Jakle

[…]
I have seen many people be very honest about what they aim for and some who are way off and imagine teams searching for people will find it hard to tell which is which.

Hopefully something like this would give some more indication.

Also opens up another way of abuse (even if thats not the intent of your suggestion, it will probably happen).

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Don’t see the point.

Point of Recruitment post is so people know where to go when they need a player, this isn’t a popularity contest.

Jakle

Then what’s the point of being able to comment on people’s topics?

If it’s for third parties to comment on the skill or w/e of the team/player then I don’t think it’s effective since negative comments often seem to just cause flaming and arguments.
Also this means that unless one person disagrees strongly it’s unlikely their view will be represented.

Last edited by Jakle,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Hildreth

Don’t see the point.

Point of Recruitment post is so people know where to go when they need a player, this isn’t a popularity contest.

The point of a recruitment section is for teams to find players, not players to find teams.

Think about it for a minute, that’s an important distinction to make it.

The oweness is on the player to be appealing to a team, not a team to be appealing to a player. You are not doing them a favour by playing for them, they are allowing you to join them, and over time become an equal. I think if people actually treated player/team relationships like this in TF2 (as is the case in every single other concievable thing in life), then we’d have a lot more activity and far more stable teams.

Last edited by Skyride,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Jakle

Then what’s the point of being able to comment on people’s topics?

So you can comment on your opinion on the player…long as it is within the forum rules of course. ;)

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

The point of a recruitment section is for teams to find players, not players to find teams.

Actually it goes both ways, if you’re a new team especially. A negative/positive rating system seems pointless to me and having a team over rate themselves with -30 negative votes compared to say +5 isn’t going to solve problems of unstable teams.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

The oweness is on the player to be appealing to a team, not a team to be appealing to a player. You are not doing them a favour by playing for them, they are allowing you to join them, and over time become an equal. I think if people actually treated player/team relationships like this in TF2 (as is the case in every single other concievable thing in life), then we’d have a lot more activity and far more stable teams.

what have you been drinking? the marjority of players in my team is very much doing me a favour by playing in my team. and surely i’m not the only one who thinks this?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

what have you been drinking? the marjority of players in my team is very much doing me a favour by playing in my team. and surely i’m not the only one who thinks this?

Nono, you misunderstood.

You have 5 players, you are looking for a new soldier. You decide to trial a player. That player should be trying his best to give a good impression, not ass licky, just show you himself at his best. When you decide to take him on as an official player, you are now all equal. Nobody is really doing each other a favour simply by being a team together, you’ve all just mutually decided that it’s something you enjoy.

Quoted from Hildreth

Actually it goes both ways, if you’re a new team especially. A negative/positive rating system seems pointless to me and having a team over rate themselves with -30 negative votes compared to say +5 isn’t going to solve problems of unstable teams.

This is a fair point, but I’m sure a better model could be devised than simply a reddit-esque system.

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »