Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 Next »

Johs

FNR!

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

So we’re now blaming the teams for last season? :D

I AGREE, BADMINS RUINED S9

ashkan

I can see where this is going. Please do not discuss that here.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Rudi

If we do this, as a bonus, we will completely disregard every notion of stability, favoring all the whining cunts that have never been in a team for longer then 3 months. I mean, why the hell should leaving the league for a season have any consequences at all?

You bring up a point of rewards to scale, and doing what’s best for stability, and that’s exactly why playoffs is important.

There are several ways to reward Equilibrium for their loyal participation, like a top spot in a seeded knockout cup, fact of the matter is, their promotion could as well have been won in a different lifetime. Meanwhile, there are 3 teams of higher ranking, including a Yoyotech that never got the chance to win that promotion spot, despite being the best team not-in-div1 last season.

Get the fingers out, let the teams play for it, there’s simply too little data for arbitrary decisions.

M0re

dont even think about seedings. If you want more stable and competive divs, you will keep them as they were with group per div (div2 – 2groups etc). You all should drop your egos at this point and take one for the better good. If we balance the divs now, in longer run you will have better competition and more improving as invidual and as a team. It’s just 1 season, if we dont do this now it will start an avalanche and we will have seeding and group problems in future.

Btw you can set us in div1 if we are taking someones spot in prem, I dont care as long as we will keep the division system and stabilize it.

randa

Quoted from torden

[…]

You bring up a point of rewards to scale, and doing what’s best for stability, and that’s exactly why playoffs is important.

There are several ways to reward Equilibrium for their loyal participation, like a top spot in a seeded knockout cup, fact of the matter is, their promotion could as well have been won in a different lifetime. Meanwhile, there are 3 teams of higher ranking, including a Yoyotech that never got the chance to win that promotion spot, despite being the best team not-in-div1 last season.

Get the fingers out, let the teams play for it, there’s simply too little data for arbitrary decisions.

Keyro

Cheater

1 prem and 1 D1 is needed.

Keep 10 teams per div and don’t settle playoffs this season (well it only concerns top teams and all that shit is their fault isn’t it ?). Then next seasons you’ll have the possibility to reduce to 8 team per div and organize 2 seasons till summer, the better compromise imo.
The 2 other solutions are quite bad really, like rudy said not promoting BLAST, MIPC or dropping Xen in div 2 would be a TOTAL nonsense, you will have whine for the 2 next years and it will be warranted. The other possibility will put standout teams like broder or NORDIC (exemples) in D2 wich is a nonsense too.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Teams are now closer than ever, I don’t see why one division 1 is required? Sure there are a few teams that separate the rest, but they are still all very close, and would only be destroyed by moving some of division 1 to 2, creating the same effect in division 3 by moving division 2 teams. Why break the skill system that is already in place by not accepting that the teams seeded in division 1 are actually capable of playing at that level?

Changing the complete system is only going to cause more problems, the seedings are fine as they are, this is all a problem because of the play off system, which lets not forget some of you want to disregard.

The only way I see it working is by adding another division if you want to see the better half of division 1 together, because I see no reason in breaking division 2 and division 3 because people want one division 1.

Quoted from Admirable

Having one Division 1 was one of the best changes made in recent season imo.
How about doing it like English football?

Premiership (8 teams)
Championship (8 teams)
Division 1 (w/e)

Dummy

using arguments that this will start an avalanche is silly. the system introduced right now is fine – although the bigger divs are not that good it is the preferred solution over demoting teams to a div they do not belong in.

M0re

Quoted from Dummy

using arguments that this will start an avalanche is silly. the system introduced right now is fine – although the bigger divs are not that good it is the preferred solution over demoting teams to a div they do not belong in.

you get up in the ranks by winning games, not by creating new groups. When you start to create new groups the overall level of competition drops as naturally there are teams which would belong level down.

Also if you think about the aspect of spectating/coverage naturally there isnt enough time to follow all these games with 24 teams being d1+. Well ofcourse you dont need to coverage/follow all the games but when I played d2 in season2 I looked forward to see big games from kompaniet, 4kings, fracture and such d1 clans. You and everyone else needs to think the bigger picture in this and not think with their e-penises.

ps. naturally if you want the same effect which is in css at the moment that 80% clans search for high level games and random tf2 finn mixes beating them in their own game. Imo thats just sad, but if you get something by finding high/d1 games then I guess it’s up to you :)

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

M0re, how does any of this discussion involve egoes? People worried over their ‘e-penises’ would prefer smaller divisions, which is what you want.

Season 2 was a bloody long time ago. The scene’s much huger than it was then; larger divisions are completely inevitable whether you like it or not.

Quoted from M0re

When you start to create new groups the overall level of competition drops as naturally there are teams which would belong level down.

That is absolute nonsense. In EVERY Season there is ALWAYS a load of teams who perform awfully and clearly weren’t suited to that division. Those extra 6 teams in Div1 and 4 teams in Div2 (10 to 16 and 20 to 24) weren’t put there because the admins thought ‘Hey let’s randomly add more teams!’, they were put there because there are far more teams around than before. It seems that you simply refuse to recognise that the league is growing significantly.

You can’t keep the same 10-15 teams at the top of the pyramid indefinitely. Others will continue to climb up the skill ladder – again, whether you like it or not. Times change, get used to it.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Rudi

I totally agree, we should screw the twats that didn’t abandon ship, buckled down and actually STAYED in this league. If we do this, as a bonus, we will completely disregard every notion of stability, favoring all the whining cunts that have never been in a team for longer then 3 months. I mean, why the hell should leaving the league for a season have any consequences at all?

All those teams that left the league on a matter of principle?

What is the unlock rule set this season?

Oh!

Ghostface

spire

This is why we can’t have nice things, guys. First you guys complain about unlocks and threaten to boycott the league, then you come back and start making a fuss because “too many teams I’m sorry but I’m better than all these other faggits in my div how can I be compared to them?”.

Another major debate is wether yoyotech are prem or not. I don’t see any yoyotech players posting here about that. So neither should you.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from howdeh

Teams are now closer than ever, I don’t see why one division 1 is required?

The only way I see it working is by adding another division if you want to see the better half of division 1 together, because I see no reason in breaking division 2 and division 3 because people want one division 1.

[…]

You don’t want only one division 1 but you want to add another division between prem and div1? You’re contradicting yourself: that is exactly the same as having a single division one and two division 2s. All you did is rename div 1 to ‘championship’ and div2 to div1, which would just confuse/falsify the skill levels even more…

catman

i guess first who shoulde go are trusted teams (teams which play in div 1 previouse season and dont drop and who won div 2) and others who return shoulde only hope if there is a spot in div 1 and if not put them in div 2-3

catman

or better way is to make olympic system for all teams)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 Next »