Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Sure, try keeping track of that with 350+ teams :D

Might not be easy to track, but if there is a case when the rule is relevant it would give some leeway.

If the rule itself is bad or not practical that is one thing, but if I read you right, you wouldn’t implement it because it is too hard to enforce. That argument could quite easily be applied to a number of silly cases.

Now, I’m not saying that the rule should be enforced, because frankly the spirit of a team might still be there even if three players leave. Some players _are_ the team, more so than others.

xzr

by me? I’m the one being attacked here :b

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Should do torden’s playoff idea.

Not only do you settle who deserves the spot, but you usually get some cracking games out of these mini-playoffs too.

insanity

[…]

By contenders i meant the people that were in the playoffs of the previous season. Or specify the rules to higher divisions, shouldnt be hard to keep track of those teams. Idk, was just a quick idea. :D

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quoted from JimmyBreeze

Should do torden’s playoff idea.

Not only do you settle who deserves the spot, but you usually get some cracking games out of these mini-playoffs too.

Definitely the best idea by far, should be expected too coming from Torden. Not only does it bring a whole new competition by itself, making sure that teams practice a lot to truly see who is the best between them to go to Premier, but also for the fact that spectators will have a lot to watch, and considering that any team would want to be on Premier, am sure that those teams will make entertaining games.

randa

These are provisional divisions remember ;) Has anyone actually asked equilibrium if they think they deserve that spot? I’d like to hear their thoughts.

fe

it’s needed only for the cases when you have a lot of better teams whereas promoted team lost players and performs not good enough. anyway, not 350+, only promoted teams.
Quoted from Ghostface

Another major debate is wether yoyotech are prem or not. I don’t see any yoyotech players posting here about that. So neither should you.

Quoted from Crasp

For specific team requests please http://etf2l.org/etf2l/support!admin in IRC[/url] or email us at [email protected]

They knows they’d better ask admins

ashkan

Quoted from randa

These are provisional divisions remember ;) Has anyone actually asked equilibrium if they think they deserve that spot? I’d like to hear their thoughts.

They were asked if they wanted to play in prem given the circumstances.
They did.
That’s all I know.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Actually, I can see that, which is why I’m happy with the divisions as they are.

Moving teams from division 2 to division 3, division 3 to 4, division 4 to 5, division 5 to 6 does change the end result, so yes, it does make sense, because that will result in teams not being where they belong to fit the egotistical idea of “la creme de la creme”.

I don’t think you saw the point I was trying to make, so let me highlight it: moving teams from div2 -> div3 (scenario where the extra divisions are removed) and moving teams from div3 -> div2 (‘championship’ scenario) both result in the same teams being in the same division (albeit maybe in different subdivs) so saying they don’t fit really doesn’t make sense.

But enough about that, it’s neither here nor there really. I think m0re summed up my thoughts on this issue: Quoted from M0re

most of you doesnt seem to realize that last season 80% of the TOP scene werent playing in this league. So last season d1 teams equal d2 pretty much. Hence half of the current d1 should go down to d2, and yeah rest of the 8 real d2 teams will have good matches when they push the rest of the team from d2 to d3 where they belong.

M0re

Most of the guys who has judged equilibrium arent even on their level or played against them. For all you know they might be potential prem winners, just give them a chance and you might be surprised!

Linus

[d¿s]

we were mentioned a few times here. to clarify, we did plan to go prem, but then the 8 team limit was announced. It’s fine though, prem looks great – 8 teams that deserve to be there. As for the portugese bunch, i think some will be surprised, we have played them recently and they are good, they deserve their shot at prem, even if a lot of teams didnt sign up last season.

anyway…while a pre season playoff would be a good idea, im not sure if theres enough time :(

Flinn

pLine
-Hf-

Quoted from M0re

Most of the guys who has judged equilibrium arent even on their level or played against them. For all you know they might be potential prem winners, just give them a chance and you might be surprised!

So you are willing to give them a chance because we don’t know their real level, fine. But judging d1 teams from the opposite point of view is totally hypocritical here.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

I don’t think you saw the point I was trying to make, so let me highlight it: moving teams from div2 -> div3 (scenario where the extra divisions are removed) and moving teams from div3 -> div2 (‘championship’ scenario) both result in the same teams being in the same division (albeit maybe in different subdivs) so saying they don’t fit really doesn’t make sense.

Wrong, it does make a difference and it does make sense.

M0re

Quoted from Flinn

[…]

So you are willing to give them a chance because we don’t know their real level, fine. But judging d1 teams from the opposite point of view is totally hypocritical here.

I’m talking about teams we’ve played and rolled 5-0 in 10minutes. And I find us as lower prem level so not far from div1, hence I’ve said that most of the teams doesnt belong in div1 in those provisional divs :)

well anyway keep them as they’re and you will notice that most of the div1 teams fall so far behind prem that it doesnt make sense.

Vladi

TIDS

Quoted from IPZIE

let´s play tf2.

this.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »