Forum

New Ads Feedback Thread!

Created 13th September 2011 @ 22:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Sideshow

Seems fine to me, I was always surprised (and pleased I’ll admit) that this website didn’t have more advertising, but it’s nothing major.

And if it keeps etf2l then i’m not gonna complain.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

The adverts haven’t been forced on us, they were added with agreement from ETF2L and Multiplay together. Currently Multiplay hosts the website without getting a lot in return, having the revenue from the ads split equally between us and them allows us to give them something back, as well as giving us something to put towards future prize pots, enhancements etc.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from SnowiE

Currently Multiplay hosts the website without getting a lot in return

What?

Promotion of their services and a huge promotion of their LAN events? Of which there were about 300 TF2 players at the last one, paying on average £80 each?

300x£80 = £24,000

This figure far outweighs any costs you would have paid for a dedicated server from them or any other provider, with a max spend there of £200-300/month.

Your communication does not compute sir :[

Edit: Obviously that’s only one event too. If we say that 100 people go to the April LAN (£8,000) and 50 go to the November LAN (£4,000), that’s additional revenue to consider too.

If ETF2L did not exist as the biggest European TF2 community league and forum, I highly doubt the numbers would be similar – since so much promotion goes on here from the Admins, Tapley, Mole and the players themselves. ETF2L is a vehicle which has vastly increased Multiplay’s turnover from TF2 players and thus they have supported TF2 in return.

Martn

Please sell a takeover background instead of this horribly positioned ad.
There are like 2 big blue spaces at the side of this site where i totally wouldn’t mind that it is filled with a big add from some gaming company.

ashkan

Steelseries is cheap.
Multiplay is cheap.
If it were up to me, I wouldn’t share a cent with them.

That’s all I have to say.

Sketch

MM

And still shit prizes and no cash pot for the main tf2 league. Seems a bit daft.

Still partnered with the worst server provider there is.

Still partnered with a sponsor who gives you terrible prizes. You should at least have 6 mechanical keyboards 6 mice+ mousepads and headsets, just for first prise. Ifs just a tipical bundle prize.

Adding an extra advert does nothing to improve the league for the players. You should be getting better deals with existing sponsors and creating new sponsor deals. There are teams with better sponsorship than this entire league.

dougiie

CotC

without trying to de-rail or anything…

I kind of agree with what sketch said, this is the biggest tf2 league and it just doesn’t “look” like it. I know the current site functions well and is easy to get around but I’d love it to a bit more professional and break away from the current orange/blue theme.

Also, are the “Pr & Sponsorship” admins always actively seeking new sponsors etc? Or what exactly is their role?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

As an aside from my previous comments and chat on Steam with Snowie… if you need someone with business acumen to help purely in a sponsorship and promotional role – I can offer around 5 hours of my time per week in a consultant role – helping you to push promotions forwards. I have no wish to be an Admin, I just want to see you get a good return from sponsors which you can turn into prizes etc.

The income received from the sponsors is weak and with the player base and number of teams for the new season, we should be pushing it higher and generating additional revenue.

If you want me, you know where to find me. If not, get someone that will actually do something. Please.

Sketch

MM

While trying not to derail too much. The general advertising and sponsorship dealwe have going is not up to standard. It is time we all sat back and thought. What would d2m do?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from dougiie

I know the current site functions well and is easy to get around but I’d love it to a bit more professional and break away from the current orange/blue theme.

Please for the love of god don’t listen to him, this site is about a trillion times better than other ‘more professional’ ones.

Sketch

MM

Slideshow you are thinking of ESL. Which would be a bad example anyway.

Etf2l should be setting a higher standard.

Яyan

10 Seasons and 2 sponsors

Somewhat embarrassing in my view

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Sketch

Slideshow

Why does nobody read my name :(

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Sideshow

Listen here Brideglow, you gotta deal with it, let it wash over you, k?

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

I dunno Slideshow Bob, I just don’t know.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »