Forum

[S10] Map Pool Feedback Thread!

Created 28th August 2011 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

dougiie

CotC

IMO only “finished” maps should be in a new season.

was gonna write big wall of text, but you get my drift.

edit – I also think there should be one of each TYPE of map (CP/ABC/CTF/KOTH). That way the teams are tested on a variety of styles..

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from dougiie

+132

Oh jolly, this seasons map pool is completely spectacular. I didn’t think it would even be possible. It’s so original and exciting my ass started bleeding and I want my life to end right now.

Vince

BiG

Quoted from dougiie

I agree actually, now I have to rush with the development. But then again, what is a finished map?

Freight got changed when it went official, snakewaters rcs are getting quite some updates, turbine got turbine_pro, gullywash got updates, the old obscure got updated a rather large amount from rc1 to rc5, etc.

Also, those in doubt wich obscure it was, there was a picture including the 9 maps, and the only one with snow was clearly viaduct. :)

atomic-

nice

Malibu Stacey™

Sir.

Quoted from lawn

why list obscure_remake as just obscure in the map pool?
by definition it’s a remake and not the official map, threw my vote away on it as a result :(

Same. I voted for cp_obscure_final not cp_obscure_remake_b?

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

Quoted from Malibu Stacey™

[…]
Same. I voted for cp_obscure_final not cp_obscure_remake_b?

agreed, I want obscure_final

ain't nuttin but a

Quoted from Wolf :D

[…]
agreed, I want obscure_final

flushy

P.O.P

I’m so so disappointed that the new obscure has seemed to replace turbine in the map pool. Not too sure how many people watched the i43 lower bracket matches, but I can assure you that the games on turbine were both exciting and fun to play. The possibility of extending overtime just builds tension making for some awesome clutch moments. Also as it’s a ctf game mode, it offers something different from your usual map pool, bar gpit ofc.

I think obscure offers little in the way of being removed from the TF2 formalities of badlands and granary. It’s also extremely stalematey, I think its the only map I’ve had a 0:0 result on and to those who say the new “remake” offers a change in dynamic is it really worth the gamble putting it into the map pool untested.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Yeah, such a shame there’s no Turbine. The only reason I didn’t vote for Viaduct was because it was listed as the shitty official version…

huhystah

Quoted from flushy

I’m so so disappointed that the new obscure has seemed to replace turbine in the map pool. Not too sure how many people watched the i43 lower bracket matches, but I can assure you that the games on turbine were both exciting and fun to play. The possibility of extending overtime just builds tension making for some awesome clutch moments. Also as it’s a ctf game mode, it offers something different from your usual map pool, bar gpit ofc.

Indeed

+ no turbine

– no bazillion… I was really looking forward into playing that one again, considered it to be quite an interesting map. Obviously I am one of rare ones :/

ilike2spin

RLM

Lets be honest, outside of bag/gran/gul/pit, there was always going to be this thread saying ‘Shame X wasn’t in’. Snakewater earned it’s place by being regularly played in summer cups this year and then it was always down to turbine and obscure. I don’t especially like either one though I’d have to say I thought turbine most likely given it has been played in previous seasons. Maybe that’s the reason though and people just didn’t like it after playing it.

Turbine is the worst map I have ever played. I hate it so much that I considered not joining up if it got added to etf2l again

And this is coming from the man who hates nothing

Ghostface

spire

How about having a huge map pool and letting teams choose what to play, like in playoff games?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »