Forum

[Community] - Your thoughts please!

Created 11th July 2010 @ 18:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

The league is fine, and with D2M’s much more agressive “get-stuff-done” approach, the admin team does a great job 95% of the time too. However I don’t think a small number of silly people doing silly things can really be blamed for all that is wrong with the world and scapegoated for all our problems.

In general, this community is just completely stagnant. Nobody wants to do anything themselves and everything is too much effort. Every remotely insightful comment is buried under a huge pile of nauseatingly dumb “WELL HERES WHAT I THINK”-style comments made by people who just have not the slightest clue what they are talking about. The real problem is a large number of people doing – and saying – incredibly dumb things, this goes hand-in-hand with egos. I don’t aim this at any particular group, person or division, I just mean that in general. Its a game, its meant to be fun so can’t people just be nice? Is it really that difficult to just be a pleasant person to speak to?

Meh, Its the internet, it’ll never happen, and thats 90% of the problem with what goes on in real life, but whatever.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from Skyride

Meh, Its the internet, it’ll never happen, and thats 90% of the problem with what goes on in real life, but whatever.

You can punch people in the face in real life but in the interwebs you can’t…

grimbar

Quoted from Skyride

The league is fine, and with D2M’s much more agressive “get-stuff-done” approach, the admin team does a great job 95% of the time too. However I don’t think a small number of silly people doing silly things can really be blamed for all that is wrong with the world and scapegoated for all our problems.

In general, this community is just completely stagnant. Nobody wants to do anything themselves and everything is too much effort. Every remotely insightful comment is buried under a huge pile of nauseatingly dumb “WELL HERES WHAT I THINK”-style comments made by people who just have not the slightest clue what they are talking about. The real problem is a large number of people doing – and saying – incredibly dumb things, this goes hand-in-hand with egos. I don’t aim this at any particular group, person or division, I just mean that in general. Its a game, its meant to be fun so can’t people just be nice? Is it really that difficult to just be a pleasant person to speak to?

damn straight.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Hm, a quick reply to some of the things here, regarding website changes:

Some ideas mentioned (following matches, better navigation) are nice, others are downright horrible, and others are just too much work for too few gain to bother.
However, the chance any of these being implemented is very slim at best. Right now, with my interest for TF2 dropping, there is no-one both willing and able to do anything at all to the ETF2L website, so nothing will change, unless it is a really urgent bugfix.

So yea, you can request all you want, but I thought I’d spare you guys the trouble. :)

PS: The skill level discussion doesn’t belong here, because (a) It’s been talked about dozens of times and (b) it has nothing to do with ETF2L, and the intention of this thread.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

i think a new pickup channel is needed

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Skyride

In general, this community is just completely stagnant. Nobody wants to do anything themselves and everything is too much effort.

It’s a game, what do you expect? There are very few people that want to put genuine effort into a hobby when it’s going to yield very little benefit for themselves. We don’t all need to be Torden or Admirable because we don’t need 2000 vanillatf2’s and there’s not enough material to cover amongst the small amount of the “journalists” in TF2 as it is. This community, while “stagnant”, is still one of the best in any competitive game and is on the whole helpful and friendly towards each other and problems that we may need assistance with.

Quoted from Skyride

Every remotely insightful comment is buried under a huge pile of nauseatingly dumb “WELL HERES WHAT I THINK”-style comments made by people who just have not the slightest clue what they are talking about. The real problem is a large number of people doing – and saying – incredibly dumb things, this goes hand-in-hand with egos.

They had big shoes to fill, but they managed it.

Kinyu

popkõrns

Quoted from blorg

Definitely something that makes sure the player has to agree before being added to a team. It’s really annoying, and makes your team history look awful (I would know).

Please this, just happened to me :(

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

I have a simple suggestion: teams that don’t respond to a post on the match page or a calendar proposal within a week should get a minor warning. It’s not that much work to actually respond if someone is trying to communicate with you.

Also: ban snipers.

Norris

My suggestion would be a gentlemen agreement formular in the match page. Leaders of both teams look through their preferences and could check boxes which weapons they want to be allowed in the match (beside the ones which are usually not banned). The opponent leader should see an information ‘Team requests to allow weapon Golden wrench’. If both teams agree on something then it should be visible to everyone on site like ‘FAN allowed’ or ‘All Engineer weapons allowed’.

Match pages ( http://etf2l.org/matches/18704/ ) should have the deadlines on the top.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from caned

i think a new pickup channel is needed

tomorrow or today the first pixeltf2.pickup will be starting. Im sure Adam will post on the thread :)

buNN

The news page would be nicer, if it would say about TF2 updates, or top teams folding/forming etc.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Small suggestions I could make – the ETF2L banner could look a bit more TF2 like, though I like the website design itself, I guess it is up to the admins if you feel the layout needs re-vamping. I am sure there are lots of people willing to design great banners, could have a little competition if you wanted.

Also – Match page, only snnoying thing I see on it is after someoen submits results, the page will disappear from your ‘my matches’ page and when you need to confirm results you have to navigate back to the fixture manually through the tables. It is only slightly annoying but I’d prefer a system like they have on Wireplay where they keep the match page active until it is properly confirmed.

Final thing – I’d like money from D2M’s pocket please. ;)

Netsky

ok so I wrote everything down up to this post and making a list (1st post will be updated with it)
Unfortunately neus is absolutely right, so here my question, do you happen to know somebody who is into that website stuff as in debugging, adding features etc? Please let me know through IRC or steam chat.

dougiie

CotC

also, is there any way to get rid/move that ads by google sidebar?
Looks fucking terrible.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »