Forum

3-second freeze

Created 25th February 2016 @ 17:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Clark

SDCK!

Have had this for about two weeks now: 3-second freeze with sound completely gone and the picture stuck that only happens once in the first 5-10 minutes of a competitive match (either 6v6 or highlander). This doesn’t happen again for the rest of the match again.

Never noticed it happening on MGE/pubs so it has to be something in a competitive config that contradicts with my autoexec settings, doesn’t it?

Crayon

McV

+
im gettin it too but my whole screen goes black

STOGE

TDP

Think I was experiencing this last night in a mix, screen went black for a few seconds randomly twice, just thought it was something stealing the focus so I alt+tabbed and that seemed to fix it.

Never happened before yesterday though.

hr

I had this for a really long time but it wasn’t just 6v6/HL. I just ignored it as I could get it out of the way by playing some pubs beforehand. Then I had a crash two days ago and had the game and other applications start to have fps drops every 10 secs or so.

Long story short I had to reinstall windows and now everything seems to be fixed. It could have been something which became corrupted in the windows install or maybe my HDD is about to be fucked I don’t know I’m not great with computers. I know I didn’t reinstall TF2 though I just used the windows.old files and moved them into the fresh install so for me at least it can’t have been cfgs.

Last edited by hr,

Falcon0408

I had it twice and both times it was down to my wireless card deciding to kick in for a bit before switching back to wired. Unplugged the fucker and it fixed everything. Maybe a different issue since my freezes definitely weren’t as long as 3 seconds but were much more frequent.

Clark

SDCK!

I verified game cache and it hasn’t happened for 2 days now, maybe will help someone.

Add A Reply Pages: 1