Forum

enable Windows acceleration in the game (TF2)

Created 29th May 2015 @ 15:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Hello, first time I write a topic on the forum, so apologize for my horrible english.

Contrary to others players, I don’t want to disable windows accel because I know how I can do it. I want to enable windows acceleration in order to get it in the game.
I learned to modify the value for the mouse in regedit : mousespeed… Yesterday, I tried the low acceleration and medium : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978664.aspx
I got the impression that it worked on the desktop, not in the game…
I edited autoexec with :
m_rawinput "0"
m_filter "0"

but nothing changed.

I know TF2 has this option. Nevertheless, I played for 3 years with windows acceleration and my muscle memory get used to play with it.
Moreover, I play with low sensi (actually 70, 73cm/360°) and I think that I need accel.

Why doesn’t windows acceleration affect the game ? Even if I ticked “enhance precision”, it didn’t work.

Forsak3n

S

the launch options.

Hello Forsak3n, can you explain your reply please ?
I don’t understand. There is something in launch option ?

V4ren

You probably have -noforcemaccel in your launch option.

Last edited by V4ren,

Quoted from V4ren

You probably have -noforcemaccel in your launch option.

Thank you for your reply. No, I removed this command. I knew -noforcemaccel prevent from accel.

schocky

ist doof

Quoted from Ergonomía

I don’t want to disable windows accel because I know how I can do it.
I got the impression that it worked on the desktop, not in the game…

errrrr… so you aren’t sure about that?
I hope you haven’t changed the windows registry (e.g. via “MarkC Acceleration Fix”).

Quoted from schocky

[…]
errrrr… so you aren’t sure about that?
I hope you haven’t changed the windows registry (e.g. via “MarkC Acceleration Fix”).

Hello Schocky. I didn’t download MarkC. I only modify mousespeed (set 2) and MouseThreshold1 (set 4) and MouseThreshold2 (set 12).
I don’t remove other values.

I get the acceleration but it’s a low acceleration. I checked “enhance the precision” and changed the mouse speed (/11) in order to make sur the working.
Also, I changed mouseThreShold1 with mousespeed, but the acceleration stayed the same.

EDIT : Schocky, do you advise me to download MarkC ? I don’t really know what is the purpose of this fix.

Thank you for the responses.

Last edited by Ergonomía,

firej

Nah, the mousefix is gonna disable mouse accel completely. It was just a possible option why its not working for you.

Aysentaro

Whats the point? Just use quake mouse accel driver, it works for me perfectly.

Quoted from Aysentaro

Whats the point? Just use quake mouse accel driver, it works for me perfectly.

If the povohat’s driver worked, I wouldn’t write this topic ^^
I tried to install QLaccel but after restarting the computer, the driver disappeared from my mouse (microsoft default). Another player got the same problem but nobody helped him.
I followed all the steps.
I sent several messages to povohat since 2 weeks. I’m waiting a reply from him.
Moreover, I didn’t succeed to remove the driver. The console refused to remove the pvh package, even if I got the administrator right.

Add A Reply Pages: 1