Forum

Classic internet problem

Created 2nd November 2014 @ 14:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

So basiclly last few months I’m having this problem when I start to play tf2, my internet just goes to shit. Ping starts to spike, download speed drops like 2x or even 3x times the normal.

Yes, I’m using Wi-Fi, but for a while it was alright, but after a update (don’t remember which one, but people had like freezes n shit) it broke my videogame.

Any suggestions?

Would be lovely if you left your “go cable lel” comments out of here and maybe give a good advice which would help me. Some tweeks or something I could do to my router or computer.

Router I have: HUAWEI-E5172

Im using already the WLAN Optimizer.

Thanks in advance.

eppz

MEAT

If your router and computer supports it, you can try using the 5GHz band instead of the normal 2.4GHz. Less devices on 5GHz = less interference

Twiggy

swole.
HL

Quoted from eppz

If your router and computer supports it, you can try using the 5GHz band instead of the normal 2.4GHz. Less devices on 5GHz = less interference

I vaguely remember something about different wifi channels as well. YOu can choose which one to use to avoid traffic i think

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Tcp optimizer fixed my ping spikes when i had to use wifi.

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Quoted from Tseini

Tcp optimizer fixed my ping spikes when i had to use wifi.

SO basiclly you just download the the optimizer, pick a connection speed and press “optimal” at settings?

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

And boot pc after,yeah thats what i did

Add A Reply Pages: 1