Forum

Rhapsody's Performance Config

Created 15th September 2014 @ 03:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

firej

Quoted from Rhapsody

DX8 technically works on this config just fine, I just based this config off of DX9frames. I’ll be making versions derived off of highframes and maxframes later.

but is it worth it to switch to your cfg on dx8 when im already using chris maxframes?
Nice tho for all dx9 guys :)

Rhapsody

Quoted from firej

[…]
but is it worth it to switch to your cfg on dx8 when im already using chris maxframes?
Nice tho for all dx9 guys :)

Probably. Lots of people have reported a performance benefit.

For anyone looking to discuss or help with this, I recommend you go to the thread on teamfortress.tv. I’m a lot more on top of this over there.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Gonna try these next weekend,sweet job.

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

I have been having trouble with horrendous, unsmooth fps the past week so I would be overjoyed if the high- and maxframes versions will work well for me. This config seemed to work fairly well on first launch too but the sound jitters pretty often, not sure what could be causing that?

AnimaL

Quoted from Popcorp

Could you or someone Benchmark Fps with Chris’s config and this 1, just to see how bigger fps boost is in your config? i can’t because i have to go right now

i dont think it will boost anything, at least if you compare dx8 cfg with this it will be pretty much same if not worse (since dx8 still runs better)

And chrises dx9 cfg isnt made for best performance, its a mid way between good quality and performance by removing some unneeded clutter. This dx9 cfg looks pretty much like dx8frames. So comparing those would be wrong unless you like comparing two different things.

It’s still good someone makes effort to keep the configs up to date and removes bugs from old ones. Especially since more and more people are going dx9 because of dx8 bugs and there has not been proper dx9 performance config.

Last edited by AnimaL,

Stuppa

.Dicknitas

Hi :)

I like the classic effect of mat_phong 0 but the colours of the both teams are very light… Gonna disable it.

Btw no mat_picmip in your cfg?

Dr. Mario

[JSSG]

Wonder if any Admin would sticky this config since it suppercedes Chris’ config?
Also if you look closely at the bottom of the config, Rhapsody has placed some release notes! So check up on it more or less monthly so that we can stay up to date with it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2