Forum

How to remove/reduce muzzleflash for the Minigun/Various other weapons.

Created 31st August 2014 @ 05:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

STOGE

TDP

This example picture was taken on dxlevel 8, as far as I’m aware the result is different on different dxlevels, however it’s still severely reduced, if not removed. To do this you’re gonna have to download this! and place it in “C:Program Files (x86)Steam SteamApps common Team Fortress 2 tf”. I’d also like to add this will not work on Sv_Pure servers (Lobbies, etc..)

Last edited by STOGE,

Phnx

what’s the fucking point?
if it won’t work on sv_pure 2 servers?
seriously useless thread.
just type in console viewmodel_fov 0 and that’s it, no muzzleflash for hitscan weapons.

Menty

myx
Nein

Quoted from Phnx

just type in console viewmodel_fov 0 and that’s it, no muzzleflash for hitscan weapons.

Cauthon

(ETF2L Donator)
prly

Quoted from Menty

[…]

If you use viewmodel_fov 0, You should consider using also r_drawviewmodel 0. It disables projectiles shown, ie. when you shoot with minigun, you can see bullet’s flying. With r_drawviewmodel 0 it disables those bullets.

hr

wish valve would make this a thing so I could use viewmodels on scout but yeah going to a comp community and saying hey here’s this thing that works in everything but comp is kinda silly.

Menty

myx
Nein

Quoted from Cauthon

[…]

If you use viewmodel_fov 0, You should consider using also r_drawviewmodel 0. It disables projectiles shown, ie. when you shoot with minigun, you can see bullet’s flying. With r_drawviewmodel 0 it disables those bullets.

Didn’t know, thanks <:

Popcorp

There are actually commands to disable Muzzleflash, but they are not working in Tf2 for some reason

cl_muzzleflash_dlight_1st 0
muzzleflash_light 0

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Cauthon

[…]

isn’t it the way around?

carnifex

nvm

Last edited by carnifex,

STOGE

TDP

Quoted from carnifex

nvm

The surface properties edit and this are two different things.

firej

Quoted from Fuxx

isn’t it the way around?

yup

schocky

ist doof

r_drawtracers_firstperson 0
?

Add A Reply Pages: 1