Forum

Config Issues

Created 5th August 2014 @ 18:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Okay, so the past few weeks/months I’ve been having a problem with my config not saving anything at all, currently when I boot up the game I have to go through a massive list of shitty options to get my TF2 running how I want it (auto reload on, console on, damage numbers on etc. etc.)

As a last ditch attempt I have completely removed my config and done a fresh install of TF2 from scratch and it still won’t save any of my settings/configurations when I load up the game. I even created a basic autoexec file that will have some of the main settings that I want and it will still ignore that as well.

Does anyone have any ideas why it’s not keeping my information? I’ve removed it from Steam Cloud Sync and made sure my config files aren’t set to read only.

raiku

STR

What happens if you allow steam cloud sync?

E: Epsi and Valve really have angered the gods so the australians have the best chances of winning.

Last edited by raiku,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

The exact same.

raiku

STR

exec config/autoexec in console doesn’t do anything?

ondkaja

IKEA

try making a settings.cfg and exec it by adding +exec settings in launch options

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from ondkaja

try making a settings.cfg and exec it by adding +exec settings in launch options

Problem is I’d need to have the command line for every single setting that I want in the game which is going to be a pain in the arse. Not only that but it keeps on treating me as a first time startup with the game every time it boots as well.

raiku

STR

Try steam support

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

They are about as useful as Ask Jeeves.

Popcorp

Where do you keep your configs at? in Team Fortress 2/tf/cfg ?
And if possible, maybe copy paste your config (and autoexec?) to pastebin?

Last edited by Popcorp,

raiku

STR

Try steam support you will be amazed by the amount of help you might get :>

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

My loadout has been resetting itself to default every time I launch TF2 . Don’t know whats causing it.

Popcorp

Quoted from Permzilla

My loadout has been resetting itself to default every time I launch TF2 . Don’t know whats causing it.

Bug, been there for like a year i think

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

Problem is I’d need to have the command line for every single setting that I want in the game which is going to be a pain in the arse. Not only that but it keeps on treating me as a first time startup with the game every time it boots as well.

Well, you could do it once properly and save copy somewhere else than in tf2 folders as well and then you are set for life, FOR LIFE, it’s worth it.

turkuaz

im having same . you probably have config.cfg file in your tf2 cfg . change your settings on that . even binds will be gone if you dont do that . change your settings on config.cfg and if you want binds , bind them on autoexec.cfg . thanks hiso for teaching me those things.

like r_drawviemode 0 to 1 . you need to do that on config.cfg otherwise it will go back to 0 when you restart tf2

Last edited by turkuaz,

Night

Go clean this folder:
D:Program Files (x86)Valveuserdata

Last edited by Night,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »