Forum

Ping spikes + timeout

Created 14th July 2014 @ 14:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

firej

Hey,
i have got this bug for a while now and i dunno what to do.
When im playing my ping always spikes to 100+ and then goes down again.
I can more or less fix it by playing sniper, at some point of time in game i just get a huge lag with lost connection (i guess, thats what it looks like in netgraph) and then i get back to the game, sometimes i timeout completely and i have to reconnect. but this seems to fix the ping spikes for 1 session, as soon as i restart tf2 the spikes come back again and i have to do the weird glitch with the scope again.
i got a little video of what happenes :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF73nCyaiXA
0-40 sec shows my ping spiking in game
43+ sec shows my lag+disconnect in scope

im playing on dx8 on a radeon hd 7970 but also had the same bug on dx9.
Sometimes after i got this lag some players on the server are invisible, but that can be fixed by reconnecting to the server.
i hope someone is able to help me, heared some geniuses are around here :)

Last edited by firej,

Popcorp

http://topnotchclan.com/showthread.php?7762-Configuring-Windows-for-Optimal-Performance-in-TF2

Network Performance and Network Issues: Ping Spikes and Stuttering

Might help, maybe? if not, check your Firewall, if it’s not blocking Tf2

firej

Thanks,
im trying out some of these things now, lets see if it helps :)

//EDIT
nah didnt fix it :c

Last edited by firej,

firej

nobody knows a possible fix ? :c

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

It might have something to do with your router/modem settings.
Try checking your modem settings by entering 192.168.0.1/ into the address bar of your browser.
Most of the time people don’t have an username or password set, so just try clicking on “log in” if it asks for them.

If you manage to get through, try looking for a setting called “Flood Detection” or something similar to that, and untick it.

firej

i cant connect to 192.168.0.1.
i got a fritzbox router, i can acces the interface via friz.box but i havent got the pw and my father doesnt want me to get this pw because he always thinks im breaking it and then hax0rs will spy us so sadly i cant check this :|

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Fritzbox ist der größte müll man.

firej

ok
tho i guess thats not my router because why would it fix itself when i walk sideways in scope :0

firej

i checked my router settings but couldnt find anything similar to flood detection, just some weird stability settings but im not sure how usefull they are, just noticed that i got half my download speed when they are turned on…

also turned off tcp offload…

i just ordered a new wireless card maybe that helps, next step would be a new video card …

Last edited by firej,

mkk

KK!
Muss Los

Quoted from Bloodyyy

Fritzbox ist der größte müll man.

+1

Setsul

Quoted from firej

wireless card.

Found the problem.

firej

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Found the problem.

theres another guy i just added with the same problem and hes on lan ;)
could it have something to do with AMD card/ccc ? thats my last possible idea to solve this problem (except for my internet is just shit, but since i played about 1,5years already i guess my router didnt suddenly start sucking)
Anyone with problems on AMD cards / ccc? Otherqise i guess ill go with the gtx780…
btw thats my cfg

//edit
also i got to say i dont know how to really read the netgraph but im assuming that those high pitches mean high traffic coming from tf2, could that even correlate to a bad internet connection due to wireless or something with my router? i have never experienced sth like that in csgo or anywhere else..
//update02082014
new wireless card didnt help
but i noticed the value that increases when my lag is happenig is “choke” tho i dont know what increased choke means in relation to tf2…

Last edited by firej,

firej

Well i asked/got asked by a couple of ppl now and noticed everyone has an AMD card, everyone who knew it had a radeon HD series card.
Idk, already downgraded to an older version of the ccc but it didnt fix the ping, buying Nvidia card with the same performance will cost me +200€if i sell my old card so idk what to do ;_; anyone knows a possible fix if you know its something about AMD cards ?
that bug is getting really annoying ;_;

firej

is it possible to make the “rate” value to about 50000 instead of 60000 ?
ive read in netsettings posts that some people have set it to 100000 but its a risk of getting weird ping because of bad internet, so i thought the other way around if i have problems with 60000 i could maybe lower it to 50000 to get better ping ?
ive seen some pub servers having that restricted to 50000 anyways so it shouldnt be that much loss of hitreg.

AnimaL

Rate relates to your bandwidth – in Bps. So having 60000 means your game limits the incoming+outgoing bandwidth to 60kB/s. Etf2l allows to go as low as 20000 – 20kB/s but keep in mind that this is not enough even for 6v6 not to mention 9v9. The problem will be that on heavy fights you will get choke. Safe value for 9v9 would be around 60000 minimum. For 6v6 I would say 35000.

Pubs that do restrict rate to some stupid low value are either managed by monkey or server bandwidth might be problem.

Having said that, unless you have a bad internet (say 3G or low bandwidth that’s less than 0.8mbps) you don’t have reason to set it lower than 100000.

Last edited by AnimaL,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »