Forum

Do you "aim better" with a 120hz or 144hz monitor? (Than 60hz)

Created 6th July 2014 @ 21:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Collaide

Compared to 60hz

Of course the screen isn’t everything. Of course aiming takes practice, but just wondering if it makes it easier in any way, and why.

Last edited by Collaide,

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

It’s more that you get better response times with higher frames.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

http://www.google.com

Selek

Dr. med.

Not sure about the difference between 120 and 144 Hz, but there is a clear difference between 60 and 120 Hz. I would argue that it is the difference in aiming of about one division, but that is debatable of course.

MARIANO

LCD 60hz is terrible if you play fast paced games.

(I’m currently using BenQ XL2411Z 144hz)

And yes, aim is better if you have good 120-144 hz/fps monitor with low input lag. Every kind of aim – track aim, flick aim, predict aim etc.

Last edited by MARIANO,

PuzZle

Boys
GG

Compared to 60hz, yup

AnimaL

yes, a lot better
why? hard to tell but you can compare it to playing with fps_max 30 vs fps_max 60

hr

yeah and it makes a bigger difference for classes that actually have to aim like scout/sniper, however a season of practice made a bigger difference for my aim than a new monitor did (obviously)

myrttinen

pros: it will make your game smoother (this way easier to aim according to some nerds)
cons: you still have to fucking aim

its not a magical device what will make you jump a div, it just makes the game smoother to play

and note that hz =/= how good the monitor is. there are many more important factors like ghosting, input lag and other funny stuff

Last edited by myrttinen,

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from myrttinen

its not a magical device what will make you jump a div, it just makes the game smoother to play

yes it is lol

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

It feels like you have more time to make decisions, is how I would describe it.

Collaide

Quoted from myrttinen

pros: it will make your game smoother (this way easier to aim according to some nerds)
cons: you still have to fucking aim

and note that hz =/= how good the monitor is. there are many more important factors like ghosting, input lag and other funny stuff

“Of course the screen isn’t everything”

” “aim better” ”

:d

Morgus

Quoted from hr

yeah and it makes a bigger difference for classes that actually have to aim like scout/sniper, however a season of practice made a bigger difference for my aim than a new monitor did (obviously)

implying clicking on stuff is aiming :D
On Topic: apart from what everyone else has said, I would like to point it is similar to what happens when you buy a decent mouse it ain’t gonna do magic, but it does feel fucking confortable and you might do magic :D

Collaide

Quoted from Morgus

[…]
implying clicking on stuff is aiming :D
On Topic: apart from what everyone else has said, I would like to point it is similar to what happens when you buy a decent mouse it ain’t gonna do magic, but it does feel fucking confortable and you might do magic :D

So with a decent mouse + a decent monitor = magic^2 ? 8)

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

i bought a 120hz monitor and jumped from div5 to prem

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »