Forum

Etf2l configs not executing automatically

Created 7th May 2014 @ 19:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Nimrod

Hey there, when I create a lobby via TF2 Center, my Etf2l configs arent loaded automatically. However, when I was using UGC configs, this didn’t happen. I need to exec them every single time even when playing a stock map like badwater. People quit until I join saying it’s a flobby. Can someone help me with this?

Carlos Kaiser

You can use rcon outside of the game with the HLSW tool.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Put the ETF2L configs in the correct folder is my first guess. What message do you get when you execute them manually? you can either get a not found (meaning they aren’t in your /cfg folder) or the standard text as in “ETF2L 9v9 executec etc…”

Alternatively, you can use tftrue to automatically download and set the configs.

Spike Himself

TC

etf2l configs do not execute automatically. this is not a flaw.

if you want them to, you have to add
exec etf2l_6v6_5cp (for example)
to your server.cfg or map configs (ie cp_badlands.cfg, etc)

the map configs for etf2l ARE available http://etf2l.org/configs/etf2l_configs_extra.zip but if you also play ugc and/or play both HL and 6v6, they are fairly useless (the server cannot guess which config to execute when you change map to gullywash, for example)

so rcon it is :)
rcon exec etf2l_6v6_5cp

Last edited by Spike Himself,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Spike Himself

the map configs for etf2l ARE available http://etf2l.org/configs/etf2l_configs_extra.zip but if you also play ugc and/or play both HL and 6v6, they are fairly useless (the server cannot guess which config to execute when you change map to gullywash, for example)

rcon exec etf2l_6v6_5cp

Hey there, when I create a lobby via TF2 Center

Meaning his cfgs either broken or missing. manually executing them is fun but TF2C has options to configure the settings before you actually join.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Spike Himself

TC

afaik tf2c can only do that using the rcon password you provide. so im guessing it must be a bug on their end (ie sending the config commands too early when the server does have the map configs, or something like that)

that or the configs are missing on your server (do they need to be there for tf2c to work? i dont know if they send a hundred rcon commands or just send one to exec a config)

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

TF2C sends a few rcon commands with the contents of the configs, not hundreds as they squeeze multiple commands on one rcon line.

Last edited by Arie,

Spike Himself

TC

Oh right, that would make sense, yeah :D

Nimrod

Quoted from Spike Himself

rcon exec etf2l_6v6_5cp

Thank you very much. Problem solved :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1