Forum

lagz and high ping

Created 8th July 2013 @ 11:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Wulf

GOALstar

latley iv been getting high ping on servers in locations im suposed to get much lower ping and i have no idea why and that really limits my ability to play

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

traceroute?

Spike Himself

TC

You need to share a bit more information than that..
Are you on wireless? Have you recently had any new roommates move in? Do you have rommates at all? Are people downloading torrents? Did you do any tracerts to determine the bottleneck? Did you install any software recently? etc..

Katerfas

FSVL

Welcome to Team Fotress 2

Your ISP probably rerouted your traffic through a cheaper 3rd party connection. Mine does that all the time.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from fanny_filth

Your ISP probably rerouted your traffic through a cheaper 3rd party connection. Mine does that all the time.

Same. This is probably it.

Wulf

GOALstar

so what do i do with it?

Wulf

GOALstar

and btw i thought maybe some of the prob is because theres like 3 cell phones and 3 laptops working on my network but im the only pc so i should get the most connection

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Wulf

and btw i thought maybe some of the prob is because theres like 3 cell phones and 3 laptops working on my network but im the only pc so i should get the most connection

no, you need to distribute bandwith.

Wulf

GOALstar

im not the best at all of this can someone explain me everything in a better way

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Think of the internet connection to your house/flat/mansion/sewer as a pipe. Every connection takes up some room in the pipe. Three skaters rolling around a pipe would bash into each if they didn’t slow down so they have to slow right down to all fit down the same pipe.

The more connections in use at the same time on one pipe the less ‘bandwidth’ you have and the slower your connection will go.

Wulf

GOALstar

first ty but still what can i do to make my connection stronger and be able to play games without higher ping then i should have on the server hos location

Haim

addict!

012/bezeq?

Wulf

GOALstar

mhm

Wulf

GOALstar

Quoted from Haim

012/bezeq?

yes

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »