Forum

Weird FPS "drops"

Created 6th June 2013 @ 17:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1

easyGame

Since a couple of days I have a very weird fps problem:

My fps randomly drops to around 80-90 (doesn’t matter if server is empty or full, its always around that number, even when I am alone on a map), but only as long as I don’t press tab and open my scoreboard.
When I open my scoreboard my fps goes up to 240 (fps cap at 240).

So I played some MGE and constantly hold tab and I have 240 fps… As soon as I release tab my fps drops again to 80-90.

Restarting the game will usually solve that problem for a while and I have normal fps. But the problem will comeback randomly again.

So I literally can play this game with high fps all the time when I hold down constantly tab…

WTF is this game?

Haven’t changed hardware or installed new software the last months…

My PC specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @4GHz
Asus M5A99X EVO mainboard
Radeon HD 6970
8gb ram

AnimaL

some kind of power saving shit on pc?

Random

iveR

Quoted from easyGame

Since a couple of days I have a very weird fps problem:

My fps randomly drops to around 80-90 (doesn’t matter if server is empty or full, its always around that number, even when I am alone on a map), but only as long as I don’t press tab and open my scoreboard.
When I open my scoreboard my fps goes up to 240 (fps cap at 240).

So I played some MGE and constantly hold tab and I have 240 fps… As soon as I release tab my fps drops again to 80-90.

Restarting the game will usually solve that problem for a while and I have normal fps. But the problem will comeback randomly again.

So I literally can play this game with high fps all the time when I hold down constantly tab…

WTF is this game?

Haven’t changed hardware or installed new software the last months…

My PC specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @4GHz
Asus M5A99X EVO mainboard
Radeon HD 6970
8gb ram

got the same prob since steampipe

Add A Reply Pages: 1