Forum

configs n stuff

Created 17th May 2013 @ 00:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Orchid

|=3

I guess i`ve been gone too long. Somehow I`ve managed to fuck up the easiest thing to fuck up while setting up a game. Two questions.
1) what am I doing wrong setting up the fps config (chris`) if it doesnt apply ingame?
2) might this f*ck up have something to do that my tf2 local files arent located in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/acc_name/HERE, but instead are (idk why) located in the common folder, which is located in the steamapps folder.
Its late, Im talking jibberish, w/e.

Last edited by Orchid,

quintosh

wL.

you put it in ../steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/xxrandomfoldernamexx/cfg/

fixed

Last edited by quintosh,

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from quintosh

you put it in ../steam/steamapps/common/xxrandomfoldernamexx/cfg/

already did that. I seems to dislike that and refuses to apply the changes ingame.

AnimaL

delete /tf/cfg folder so there wouldnt be duplicates
might also need to delete /steamapps/username/team fortress 2 folder if its not already deleted

also common mistake is that people place /cfg in /tf/common but instead it needs to be under another random named folder name, just like quintosh said in his example

Last edited by AnimaL,

Sheepsi

SOAS

-dxlevel 81 on launch options?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

all of you big noobs, its common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/randomfolder/cfg not just common/randomfolder/cfg

Last edited by Rake,

yak

DUBSTEP
Gungaginga

I didn’t bother with putting my stuff in custom for my cfgs, everything’s in default and works fine

C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTeam Fortress 2tfcfg

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

spoiler: no it doesn’t work fine, try changing something in your autoexec

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Sideshow

i can edit shit in my autoexec and it works perfectly fine. you probably have another config in tf/custom that overrides the original autoexec?

i honestly don’t understand why i would move my autoexec to tf/custom

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sideshow

It will work fine – if it doesn’t for you, that’s an issue on your end :)

Regardless, it’s not how it’s supposed to be done. Anything that isn’t vanilla should go in /custom/

AnimaL

editing autoexec works, but i think there might be issue with edited class configs so i wouldn’t even bother using tf/cfg/

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from AnimaL

editing autoexec works, but i think there might be issue with edited class configs so i wouldn’t even bother using tf/cfg/

they work fine for me as well? except when i use tf/custom method i can’t exec configs with the exec commands

AnimaL

ur doing it wrong then

Add A Reply Pages: 1