Forum

need help with OBS and Dxtory to Stream

Created 13th May 2013 @ 00:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

caeli

#T4F

I have installed dxtory and OBS, but I can’t get to stream my monitor, if you watch my stream, you can only hear what’s wrong, like music and sound.

if someone could help me with this (because I’m so bad with such things) I would be really thankful. :D

Contact me over steam please or suggest what my problem could be :D

P.D: I did every single step that skyride commented in his Guide http://skyride.org/2012/10/the-complete-guide-to-streaming-tf2-with-obs/

Last edited by caeli,

AnimaL

dxtory is horrible use game capture plugin…

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from AnimaL

dxtory is horrible use game capture plugin…

m0ar info please? :(

AnimaL

obs can capture your game, you dont need any additional software

george

I wouldn’t say Dxtory is horrible as AnimaL has mentioned but there are better alternatives like mentioned Game Capture plugin which is implemented right inside OBS and it works flawlessly. It takes less resources and the final result is quite outstanding. If you need some help on how to set it up feel free to add me on Steam.

Last edited by george,

Skyride

DUCS

Yep use game capture. It didn’t exist when i wrote that guide and it is much better than dxtory.

Bear in mind here thats its not a case of dxtory being bad, just OBS is so fucking good :D

Last edited by Skyride,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It is a case of dxtory being bad, because OBS gives ZERO microstutter.

Ordinator

tuhi

that plugin can capture fullscreen or only windowed?

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Ordinator

that plugin can capture fullscreen or only windowed?

full screen ;)

alba

duplo

Pretty sure it captures window aswell

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

is this better than XSplit?

alba

duplo

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

is this better than XSplit?

Alot better

Ordinator

tuhi

yeah obs awesome now, no microslutter and fps drops, but i get some input problems with my mouse sometimes little movement not working

Last edited by Ordinator,

Яyan

For a bit more of an in depth explanation.

You can use game capture for full screen games but I have found this to be a little tempermental. I prefer to use windowed noborder and use the software capture function instead, as I don’t really drop too many frames.

I also found that to get more fluidity between streaming alongside gaming, you can set the affinity of the game and OBS in the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)

If you are on windows 8, it is under the details tab, in windows 7 it comes under the default tab. For TF2, you right click hl2.exe and set the affinity to the first half of the cores you have (As an i5-2500k user, I use cores 1 and 2 for TF2) And then for OBS.exe you set it to the last two.

This helps me a lot and creates some nice stream quality, which you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEebsJshCVw

If you’re willing to get a bit funny with stuff, you can try setting priority on the game to realtime and setting OBS lower than realtime (Anything lower than realtime should work, but you want it to come as second priority to the game, or you’ll look like a baddie with your 50 FPS.)

I don’t really tend to fuck around with priorities though, just the affinity.

If you need any help, add me on steam.

I’m sure someone will have something to say along the lines of me giving bad advice, but i’m just reiterating what works for me!

Good luck to you!

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Яyan

For a bit more of an in depth explanation.

You can use game capture for full screen games but I have found this to be a little tempermental. I prefer to use windowed noborder and use the software capture function instead, as I don’t really drop too many frames.

Use Game Capture with windowed noborder to remove all input lag you get

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »