Forum

High Visibility Config ?

Created 17th April 2013 @ 10:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Josh

Hello guys,

I suppose that this question was already asked, but I didn’t found any solution. I’m looking for an autoexec/cfg file which gives you a better visibility ingame. I haven’t any problem with my fps (250+), but I simply want to do not be disturbed by fancy effects that could prevent me from seeing enemies, rockets, …

I saw the m0re configs and Chris configs, but I suppose that they aim to improve the fps firstly, and don’t aim to increase visibility.

To be clear : I’m looking for any autoexec.cfg which could help me in competitive gameplay with a better visibility.

Thanks a lot !

Sapphira

Install open plugin
Change ur mat_picmip to a number higher than 2 (till u like it the most)

AnimaL

dx9frames or dx8frames does that

i doubt any good player uses the configs to increase fps considering how cheap system you need nowdays to get 120+fps…and most ppl use them…

Josh

Quoted from AnimaL

dx9frames or dx8frames does that

i doubt any good player uses the configs to increase fps considering how cheap system you need nowdays to get 120+fps…and most ppl use them…

I guessed that, but I wonder if it offers a real visiblity improvement or if it’s a placebo effect, “everybody uses it, so it must be effective”.

In addition, the basic cfg has some options which harms visibility (no shadows and no corpse for instance). I know that you can change them, but I wonder if a specific competitive cfg exists, made by competitive players for competitive players, where FPS gain is irrelevant.

Quoted from Sapphira

Install open plugin

I read that some people had vac problems with that. I prefer skip it.

Last edited by Josh,

tonmas

sirkkels
BauS

Shadows and corpses and stuff can be turned back on by changing simple things in the chris configs. Just give it a try and see if you’ll like it or not. You can always return back to your old settings.

Last edited by tonmas,

AnimaL

the idea of the config is to remove graphic effects like smoke/explosions/gibs – all the crap that you cant see through without using it

and yes, all those settings including shadows is customizable so its easy to configure it how u like… just read the //comment
Quoted from Josh

[…]

I read that some people had vac problems with that. I prefer skip it.

erm, no and I mean NO ppl have been banned for using it since it came out… everyone saying they did are lying or they are stupidly trying to hide that they hacked… That however doesnt mean its safe, its still up to you to choose if you want to risk it, although risk is very low considering how many ppl use it..

if you have nvidia card you can use lod override.. that is without risk of vac ban, but also looks much worse compared to open plugin

Last edited by AnimaL,

MARIANO

Quoted from Josh

[…]I read that some people had vac problems with that. I prefer skip it.

Change LOD bias to 9+ http://94.23.94.40:11380/mariano/screenshots/LOD_bias_nvidia_314.07.jpg
VAC safety

Last edited by MARIANO,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Josh

made by competitive players for competitive players, where FPS gain is irrelevant.

You say you want a config specific to clearer visibility, and that Chris’ configs are aimed specifically to increase FPS, but do you realise that those two are exactly the same thing?

FPS is increased by taking load off the CPU(/GPU), which is done by removing things ( = less things to render), which equals more visibility.

To answer your question: No, there is no config made specifically with visibility in mind (because there is no need for it).

Last edited by Spike Himself,

rarecandy

Very high settings:
http://i.imgur.com/QhieFUz.jpg
Chris highframes:
http://i.imgur.com/U8tRYMI.jpg

took the first pic using lawena and forgot to turn hud off but you get the picture

Josh

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]
You say you want a config specific to clearer visibility, and that Chris’ configs are aimed specifically to increase FPS, but do you realise that those two are exactly the same thing?

FPS is increased by taking load off the CPU(/GPU), which is done by removing things ( = less things to render), which equals more visibility.

Maybe I’ve wrong, but I disagree witht that. Some features can cost some performance and increase visibility. For instance, you could reduce (if it was possible) the displayed enemis/objects distance to 1 foot and increase your framerate, but you’ll loose some “action” visibility ; your picture will be more clear, but you won’t see any enemies.

Anyway, I’ll give a new try to the Chris config, but I must admit that some fps improvements haven’t any “visibility improvement” for me. I don’t say that that’s a bad cfg (it’s probably not), but I’ve the feeling that it’s not exactly what I’m looking for.

NB : Thanks to everyone for your previous answers.

EDIT :
Quoted from Sapphira

Install open plugin

Is that allowed ? mat-picmip 6+ seems to be a kind a whitewalls hack, no ?

Last edited by Josh,

Crafz

Quoted from Josh

Is that allowed ? mat-picmip 6+ seems to be a kind a whitewalls hack, no ?

Allowed by who? ETF2L? Yes. VALVE? Idk, no one has been banned since years ever. If you want more visibility this is the only thing that really helps.

rd6

cfgs definitely help with visibility. It helps reduce those annoying gun flares, random shadows, unnecessary lighting, etc. if you want to go one step up, picmip 6 with openplugin is good as well(you can go to 10 but anything more than 6 and you cant tell teams apart). Also, turn your brightness up! Not your monitor brightness, but gamma. You can still keep the same light levels by turning up the in-game brightness, but it makes everything clearer.

Add A Reply Pages: 1