Forum

TF2 configs need a new maintainer

Created 10th April 2013 @ 11:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Hi all,

I’ve not been actively playing TF2 for quite some time now. I’ve still been trying to keep my configs up to date, but the reality is that I’m not well informed about TF2 upgrades any more. I’ve not even launched the game in something like 8 months.

I don’t think it’s responsible or right for me to maintain a config that a lot of people use when I’m no longer up to date on what’s going on. No doubt there are missing cvars from new updates, and more problems that need looking at.

If you think you have the knowledge to take up maintenance, please let me know. Please only apply if you have a few machines of varying specs to actually test updates properly, you have the knowledge and free time to do the job, you will properly handle support requests, and you understand how to use git. Drop me an e-mail at chris at chrisdown dot name.

If I don’t find a competent maintainer soon, I will simply have to stop maintaining them, because it’s not fair to the community.

I guess this is also a goodbye post since I’m pretty inactive here now. Thanks for all the fun over the years, and the constant flamebait forum threads (“LAWL NICE DIVS” being the best one, of course).

Chris

AnimaL

:( glhf

p.s. still using some really old version of ur cfg, works better than new versions without bugs that new versions have – go figure :D

huhystah

rip chris :(

luzik

Suoli
moog

AH, this thread again.

alba

duplo

RIP you will be missed :(

LaMqTa

fenneks

:( gl

Spike Himself

TC

To anyone potentially taking over, please don’t let this

Quoted from octochris

you will properly handle support requests

put you off. All you have to do is idle in an irc channel all day and spout “god you’re so dumb” to roughly 60% of people asking for help (the other 40%? you just ignore those) :D

Bye Chris! <3

beach

[DA]
[DA]

But who will fix all the computers at lan now :(

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Didn’t you already quit the scene, Chris?
Someone please necro that thread.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Admirable

While I agree with you to a certain extent, no need to be a cunt about it. :)

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Chris is my nemesis.
He is to me as AnimaL is to him.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Admirable

i just can’t quit you, james. you’re my irish love drug.

Selek

Dr. med.

Good bye, Chris. I have been using your configs and input for years and recommended them to many others. Thank you :)

Dummy

:( Good night sweet prince

Cuttlefish

6v6

Bye and good luck whatever you choose to do!

:(((

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »