Forum

Change Server.cfg

Created 9th April 2013 @ 17:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Max

AoD

Hey Guys

My Server runs at a highest rate of 30.000 but if i change it in the config to 100.000 the server still runs on a capped rate of 30k.
Same for the Tickrate.
Any suggestions? Maybe i did it wrong, ive gone to the tf/cfg folder and changed it there in the server.cfg, restarted the server but still the same rate and Tickrate restrictions

Appreciating any help

AnimaL

sv_maxcmdrate 66
sv_maxrate 0
sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_mincmdrate 40
sv_minrate 0
sv_minupdaterate 40

its in etf2l.cfg

also i doubt you even know what tickrate is, so please clarify how you checked that your tickrate is wrong (considering you cant change it in server.cfg, bcs its launch option)

Last edited by AnimaL,

Max

AoD

Quoted from AnimaL

sv_maxcmdrate 66
sv_maxrate 0
sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_mincmdrate 40
sv_minrate 0
sv_minupdaterate 40

its in etf2l.cfg

also i doubt you even know what tickrate is, so please clarify how you checked that your tickrate is wrong (considering you cant change it in server.cfg, bcs its launch option)

sorrrrrrrrrrry got it wrong i meant the updaterate :D
So if the match starts i get a not restricted rate?

Max

AoD

TICRATE

Lets start with ticrate and work are way down. This is something that server administrators and players should really understand. The ticrate determines the most updates the server will be able to send and receive. The highest ticrate a server can be is 100, the lowest is 33, and the most common is 66. So if a server administrator and a player were really thinking they would use these settings below:

thats what i read about the ticrate/updaterate http://www.jason35.com/netcode.htm

AnimaL

Quoted from Max

[…]

sorrrrrrrrrrry got it wrong i meant the updaterate :D
So if the match starts i get a not restricted rate?

if you put that in server.cfg then when you start it, it should already be 40min, and 66max

and i asked how do you know ur tickrate isnt 66, not what is tickrate

in theory, yes if ur tickrate is lower than 66 you wont get the 66/s rates, but tickrate can only be changed by server owner so if indeed you dont get 66/s rates after putting correct config in server.cfg (or simply execing etf2l_6v6.cfg) then contact server admin

Last edited by AnimaL,

Spike Himself

TC

wasnt the whole tickrate thing abandoned like a year or two ago, and tf2 now defaults to 30 or 33 or w/e it was?

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Spike Himself

wasnt the whole tickrate thing abandoned like a year or two ago, and tf2 now defaults to 30 or 33 or w/e it was?

Servers run at 66 tick, 66 FPS. No 10000FPS ESL BOOSTED PINGBOOSTED TICK INCREASED nonsense in TF2.
You can no longer change FPS/tick rate with cvars or launch options for the TF2 server.

As for your rates problem, have you confirmed sv_maxrate being at 100k using rcon sv_maxrate? If you type rate in your TF2 client console, do you get to see it was restricted by the server?
Is it a self-hosted server or do you rent it somewhere? If you’re renting it, might they have restricted it?

Last edited by Arie,

Max

AoD

Its a rented server. Yes i confirmed it

Ill ask my provider

Add A Reply Pages: 1