Forum

F2P cheaters

Created 6th February 2013 @ 12:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

add

Hi,

I have had some problems lately with some guy using various types of hacks on a pub I’m admin on. I keep banning him because he keeps coming back with a new account (thank you Valve). I don’t have rcon access to IP-ban him (I’m trying to get more access atm). But is there any other possibility to get rid of this guy without having rcon? I’m using SourceMod admin menu atm and it works out fine for now, but only temporary. And is there any way to get rid of him at all if he’s using dynamic IP?

I hope my problem is a bit clear, please tell me if you need to know more.. Hope someone can give me more information about this.

Greetings,

Admirael

AnAkkk

Obviously you can’t really do anything if he has a dynamic IP.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from add

I don’t have rcon access to IP-ban him (I’m trying to get more access atm). But is there any other possibility to get rid of this guy without having rcon?

You ask someone(most often your superior) that has access to IP-ban him.

Le meme arrows

Quoted from cmd

[…]
You ask someone(most often your superior) that has access to IP-ban him.

IP ban is useless when you have dynamic IP.

AnimaL

find where he lives and cut his arms off

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from AnimaL

QFT

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

There’s a few things you can do:

Avoid behaving like a dictator on your server. Setting up new accounts just to grief/cheat on your server takes effort which comes more easily if the person is pissed off at you.

Install SMAC on your server to auto ban people that are cheating with bad cheats.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Aren’t there like plugins that just block all f2p players? Block them with a message that you’ve decided to block them due to the high amount of hackers using f2p accounts.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from AnimaL

this^

Mista

using rcon, you can maybe ban his MAC adress, but it can be spoofed. there’s no real way, you can just annoy him until he’s fed up.

AnAkkk

You can’t retrieve a player’s MAC address.

AnimaL

Quoted from AnAkkk

You can’t retrieve a player’s MAC address.

well they do it in 1.6

dodgydogman

Panda

Ask him nicely for his mac address.

alba

duplo

tell him that you wanna give him admin and say that you need his mac adress

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Quoted from alba

tell him that you wanna give him admin and say that you need his mac adress

I feel like there’s a Nigerian prince missing here…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »