Forum

Problem with quake 3 hitsound

Created 16th November 2012 @ 12:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1

DoomsDay

Have installed this hitsound http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=bqlGN0xJcj8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbqlGN0xJcj8%26feature%3Dplcp&gl=GB&client=mv-vf-uk&safesearch=always
The problem is that when the hit sound plays it always has an high pitch and never plays like this video shows,with different pitchs. Can anyone help? Thank you in advanced

crouton

LEGO

tf_dingaling_pitch

DoomsDay

Quoted from crouton

tf_dingaling_pitch

Ok….. But what should i do with tf_dingaling_pitch to sound like the video?

Vertex

En TÖÖRNS

tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 100
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 120

pitchmaxdmg defines the pitch of the sound for high damage hits
pitchmindmg for the low damage hits.

Just change the values how you want to have them.
Have fun.

Last edited by Vertex,

DoomsDay

Quoted from Vertex

tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 100
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 120

pitchmaxdmg defines the pitch of the sound for high damage hits
pitchmindmg for the low damage hits.

Just change the values how you want to have them.
Have fun.

Thank you very much.. Will give it a go

DoomsDay

i wanted my sound,to sound has the video,i have tried changing values but dont find the right pitch to sound like the video.. can anyone help?

tf_dingalingaling “1”
tf_dingaling_volume “0.75”
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg “50”
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg “80”
tf_dingalingaling_repeat_delay “0.0”

this are the values i have at the moment

Last edited by DoomsDay,

crouton

LEGO

Swap mindmg and maxdmg at least.

DoomsDay

Quoted from crouton

Swap mindmg and maxdmg at least.

I did swsp maxdmg and mindmg and values up and down,even checked the hitsound.wav and stil can not sound like the quake 3 sound or it has a high pitch or it sounds like hearing bells in a tunnel,like eco. Where could the problem be?

envy

Quoted from DoomsDay

I did swsp maxdmg and mindmg and values up and down,even checked the hitsound.wav and stil can not sound like the quake 3 sound or it has a high pitch or it sounds like hearing bells in a tunnel,like eco. Where could the problem be?

tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 100 and tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 100 will produce a default quake 3 hitsound. You say that 50/80 sounds high pitched. In the video you linked (when the demoman hit 103 damage pipe, i.e. tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg) sound is obviously low pitched. One million dollar question: should you increase this value over 100 or not?

DoomsDay

Quoted from envy

[…]
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 100 and tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 100 will produce a default quake 3 hitsound. You say that 50/80 sounds high pitched. In the video you linked (when the demoman hit 103 damage pipe, i.e. tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg) sound is obviously low pitched. One million dollar question: should you increase this value over 100 or not?

Have increase the value to 100 with no success. If anyone uses this hitsound,please post her his values. Thank you

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I’ve linked my config in my channel description mate: https://github.com/nTraum/tf2cfg

My dingaling settings:
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 33
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 122
tf_dingaling_volume 0.75
tf_dingalingaling 1

DoomsDay

Quoted from nTraum

I’ve linked my config in my channel description mate: https://github.com/nTraum/tf2cfg

My dingaling settings:
tf_dingaling_pitchmaxdmg 33
tf_dingaling_pitchmindmg 122
tf_dingaling_volume 0.75
tf_dingalingaling 1

Still with no avail,dingaling sound does not sound like the video with this settings.. freaking mystery to me.
with this settings it still sounds like a longer sound than the one on the video.. each hit sounds like a eco

Last edited by DoomsDay,

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

nvm

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

Add A Reply Pages: 1