Here is what I have:

AMD Athlon II x 640 Processor
6GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5700
600w power supply

What will I need?

As cheap as possible is good but I wanna be able to stream TF2 smoothly

Suggestions/help?

I’m a massive tech noob so i’ve probably missed out something vitally important so hit me up with some recommendations.

Also thinking of getting a new screen, any ideas there?

And what should I use to stream? Is xsplit just the default best/easiest?

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Stream

dodgydogman

Panda

First person shooters are really really hard to stream, at least in my opinion due to the fact that most people find that any input lag and fps lag or jitter can be INSANELY annoying.

Also, the difference in streaming fps and rts is that in rts, the camera will pan to a location and stay there for a short period of time meaning the picture as a whole changes very little, however with fps, the fact that the whole camera is constantly moving, the picture as a whole needs to be redrawn every single frame, this means you need VERY high upload speed to get good results.

First you are going to need at the very very least 2Mbps, but probably more like 5 upload speed.
http://www.speedtest.net/

If you dont get at least 2mbps I really wouldnt bother at all. I personally get 0.9, so while iv gotten the whole streaming itself to work, I just dont have the speed to get good quality without ping problems.

Second you either need to use a program called xsplit as a liscenced version using its “gamesource” technology (obtained legally or by pirating) or using xsplit with something called DXTORY.

Look these things up, they tend to require a whole lot of tinkering to get working without reducing your framerate to 10% of the norm, or having horrible input lag.

GL :)

Last edited by dodgydogman,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You also need something interesting to stream.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Koeitje

You also need something interesting to stream.

I would imagine this to be a preference rather than a requirement.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

I have the internet, I need the PC

Leif

YES PLEASE.

Septique

You need _at least_ a 1000w power supply

dodgydogman

Panda

If you play medic, you could probably stream with that setup, ignoring the fps and jitter it will likely produce :P.

To really stream, get a new i5 with a solid graphics card like a 560ti and you will be more than dandy :).

Last edited by dodgydogman,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Septique

You need _at least_ a 1000w power supply

true fact!

fawwles

TSUN~

A different game to play since TF2 jitters horribly and will never stream smoothly.

Skyride

DUCS

What resolution do you play at?

Depending on that, you should be able to stream no problem if you get an i5 2500k, but means new motherboard/RAM too.

wai

TEZC
TEZC

i use xsplit and its amazing, get a cracked version from isohunt or something and your good to gogo :)

ps; have a good inet and tf2 streaming is smoooothhhh :)
twitch.tv/waitv *shameless*

rockie

Quoted from CommanderX

Here is what I have:

AMD Athlon II x 640 Processor
6GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5700
600w power supply

http://mahnnietolentino.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/wm-wooden-computer.jpg

Last edited by rockie,

kayotte

A good internet connection