Forum

Transparent Viewmodels/FOV Changer (Client Plugin)

Created 31st December 2011 @ 00:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 Next »

NaF

19:50 – Konfy: anakin should also design some hats and add them to the plugin maybe they care at least about the hats

Flaoua

dSp\'

Quoted from AnAkkk

The email I sent in August about the FOV wallhack exploit finally got answered today.

If there was only one reason for this thread to exist, it is right here: Valve realized they may have skipped something important for us and there are looking into it.

I really hope they issue some kind of statement regarding this wh thingie…Best thing would be fixing the wh exploit and signing the fov/picmip/translucent plugin, but hey one can dream, right ?

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Quoted from CanFo

Sure, we could ban it. But how can we prove that someone used it?

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/12554/12855504.jpg

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from CanFo

Sure, we could ban it. But how can we prove that someone used it?

You don’t have to, if you’d consider something like this:

– Imaginary ETF2L rule 1.284284179
ETF2L matches have to be played on a server with DBlocker installed, unless both teams agree not to use it, or both teams fail to provide a server with DBlocker installed.

Doesn’t fix everything, does fix something.

doks

umn cap fov @ 120 so no more WH nonsense and done ?????????
couz tbh i would love to play on fullscreen with fov 110 or 120 so i dont have to run windowed mode to achieve 16:9. My old historic monitor has 4:3 so yeah… this could actaully help me out instead of being some kind of hack.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from doks

blah

are you actually retarded. Read the thread again and this time understand what’s being said and where the problem lies.

doks

Quoted from Waebi

[…]
are you actually retarded. Read the thread again and this time understand what’s being said and where the problem lies.

I`m sorry but are you on the wrong thread or something ? The problem is that this gives you the possibility to switch fovs during game to something redicilous like 140/150 or low like 40 or bellow [wh ->normal->zoom] with a push of a button. But as LOTS have mentioned before if the fovs would be capped to something like 120 it wouldnt be such a problem. And nice way to adress someone… way to represent the community.

mat_picmip can go suck it anyway and so can the transparent weps

kim

idd.

Quoted from doks

[…]
I`m sorry but are you on the wrong thread or something ? The problem is that this gives you the possibility to switch fovs during game to something redicilous like 140/150 or low like 40 or bellow [wh ->normal->zoom] with a push of a button. But as LOTS have mentioned before if the fovs would be capped to something like 120 it wouldnt be such a problem. And nice way to adress someone… way to represent the community.

last few pages have been more about being able to exploit plugins like these to enable cheat protected cvars such as host_timescale or r_drawothermodels for the client

Quoted from doks

[…]

mat_picmip can go suck it anyway and so can the transparent weps

hey dum-dum, read the damn thread.

doks

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

[…]
hey dum-dum, read the damn thread.

/care

in 2 days the thread will be about how this plugin can end the existence of the universe as we know it

Quoted from doks

[…]

/care

and it shows mate.

uubers

gg
gandhi is

tf2 community at its best.

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from Waebi

[…]

the problem lies with the retard who came up with this instead of just playing the game

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

is hacking now officially allowed @ etf2l cause admins cant prove someone is hacking?

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from kim

[…]
last few pages have been more about being able to exploit plugins like these to enable cheat protected cvars such as host_timescale or r_drawothermodels for the client

An important point people appear to be missing is the fact that you *could* potentially cheat, it has NOTHING to do with the nature of plugins themselves.

Hacks exist, they don’t use the neat plugin interface. Getting your dll into the game process isn’t rocket science (and before you ask, VAC can’t and won’t do anything against it simply because it’s a valid feature of windows itself. Example: every overlay ‘injects’ itself somehow into the game, xfire, steamoverlay, mumble, fraps, ….).

A blanket ban on such ‘plugins’ won’t stop people like me (or anakin) either. I mean most of this stuff can be achieved using another process (an .exe) and just use the windows APIs ReadProcessMemory & WriteProcessMemory (again, a valid feature of the windows operating system…).

The ONLY people that would be ‘hurt’ are the ones trying to give people a better experience by making easily accessible plugins (without resolving to other methods which, unless they’re called ‘mumble’ or w/e would probably be seen as a hack).

Side note: PREC would probably have never existed in the first place if this easy method of plugins wasn’t available…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 27 Next »