Forum

Start a script before TF2 starts

Created 12th December 2011 @ 16:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Would it be possible to have steam start a script (not a tf2 script) before tf2 starts so as to check for updates to fps configs, huds and 2d radars?

I am lazy. :(

TviQ

ft.

Wow, if you are so fucking lazy that you cba with looking at the forums for 5 mins then i got the answer default settings :)

octochris

(0v0)

Just launch it through a batch file, and queue up the stuff you want to do before that.

I always look for any previous topic about the issue, and I didn’t find anything.
Don’t be an ass, TviQ. If you know where I can find the original topic, link it.

@Chris. Yeah, obviously, but I’m already used to starting tf2 through steam. I want to continue doing that. :P

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dotfloat™

I always look for any previous topic about the issue, and I didn’t find anything.
Don’t be an ass, TviQ. If you know where I can find the original topic, link it.

@Chris. Yeah, obviously, but I’m already used to starting tf2 through steam. I want to continue doing that. :P

So create a shortcut to the batch file in Steam and give it the TF2 icon, put it in your favourites and remove the original TF2 from favourites. Done.

Would VAC (or etf2l ac people) be mad if I renamed and replaced hl2.exe with a program that would update stuff?

Either that or I can make a cronjob instead.
(Steam shortcuts aren’t really appealing to me :/)

octochris

(0v0)

how on earth would a cronjob help you with this?

and yes, VAC would be mad as fuck

Quoted from octochris

how on earth would a cronjob help you with this?

and yes, VAC would be mad as fuck

A cronjob (or whatever it’s called in windows) that would check for any updates at, say, 4am. Thing is that it would need to check if tf2 is running at the moment, but I suck at WINAPI.

Anyway, thanks. I’ll figure it out hao2winapi

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from TviQ

Wow, if you are so fucking lazy that you cba with looking at the forums for 5 mins then i got the answer default settings :)

tviq so mad :(

but yeah batch file or scheduled task would do
you could even make client tf2 plugin that does it for you if you’re really bored :D
i dont see why it would matter whether this is done before or after you launch tf2 (so long as its before you connect to a server it should be fine, right?)

Add A Reply Pages: 1