Forum

Low LOD / Picmip for TF2 (Nvidia + ATI/AMD)

Created 26th July 2011 @ 10:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 23 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Drackk

trying this out, i managed to get it to work the for most part, but when im in-game, the textures are flashing brightly in stripes, anyone know how to fix this?

edit: does it make a difference if im in dx8 or dx9?

Had this myself a few days ago after a driver update. People told me to roll back to old version. Instead I installed a newer (beta) version, which also fixed it.

Drackk

best
sniper

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Had this myself a few days ago after a driver update. People told me to roll back to old version. Instead I installed a newer (beta) version, which also fixed it.

ty fixed now

KLar

okie

doesnt work for me :/, i have 7700 series

Phnx

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

what version?

Q-Ball

ƒusg

Quoted from KLar

What OS are you using? Do you have .NET framework installed?
Also the program fiddles with windows registry, so you need to start it with admin rights.
It works like a charm with 7870.

KLar

okie

Quoted from Q-Ball

[…]
What OS are you using? Do you have .NET framework installed?
Also the program fiddles with windows registry, so you need to start it with admin rights.
It works like a charm with 7870.

win7 64, when i use ati tray tools with that card i get insta bluescreen, with my old card 5800 it works perfect

atomic-

Quoted from KLar

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/12811/1

Antonio

I’m having a bit of a problem with this.
My graphics card is GeForce GTX 560 Ti. I follow the instructions. When i reach TF2, There’s 2 LOD Bias : LOD Bias (DX) and LOD BIAS (OGL). I set the value to +15.0000. I click “Apply Changes”. I refresh it to make sure it works, and it just resets back to +0.0000.

Pictures : http://imgur.com/Dcprx2A

MARIANO

You need to set “Antialiasing – Transparency Supersampling” to “AA_MODE_REPLAY_MOD_ALL”

Don’t worry about name of this setting, this isn’t true anti-aliasing. It is a hidden LOD bias unlocker (only for new nVidia drivers).

Screenshot:

http://tryhardbrigade.com/mariano/screenshots/nVdia_Inspector_LOD_bias_15.png

Last edited by MARIANO,

Antonio

Thanks, that fixed it!

Sjoeberg

9 ☆

Sorry if im retarded somehow but is this allowed by etf2l? I dont feel like getting banned like i almost did from that fov shit back then…

azarun

Quoted from Sjoeberg

Sorry if im retarded somehow but is this allowed by etf2l? I dont feel like getting banned like i almost did from that fov shit back then…

in ESEA – not allowed, in other leagues – allowed

Last edited by azarun,

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from Sjoeberg

Openplugin (known as the fov changer or mat_picmip thing) was a tool, for using it, you needed bypass steam with “-unsecure” in your tf2 Launch Options. Which was not legit at all and caused Vac bans.. :p The LOD changer for the Nvidia or ati/amd cards have nothing to do with Steam and you dont bypass anything. So dont worry.

#freeopenplugin

Zoala

sorry all if my message is stupid

i’m not english so i don’t have understand all in this topic, but in my Nvidia Inspecor, i don’t have “LOD BIAIS” but LOD BIAIS (DX) and LOD BIAIS (OGL).

and the limit of them are 3.000000

how can i go to lod biais for chose 15 ?

MARIANO

You can download modified version of nVidia Inspector from my ftp:

http://tryhardbrigade.com/mariano/software/nVidia_Inspector_1.9.7.2.rar

Anyway, maximum real LOD bias in TF2 is 3. Source TF2 engine blocks larger values then 3. You can set 15, but it will still look like 3.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 23 Next »