Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 99 100 101 ... 116 Next »

wrock

vier

Quoted from jahrein

Hi guize
I’ve been using the config for a long time. I’ve chosen the high frames instead of max, cuz as a medic when I uber with max frames all I see is; well… nothing.
But I’ve been having difficulties with high frames lately. I usually get 120fps but sometimes (every 15-20 minutes) I get 20-30 fps, then it gets back to 120 in a couple of minutes. I don’t know whatever could cause this. Has anyone had the same or similar issue ? Or is there a way to avoid the shitty uber graphics whilst using max frames?
Thx in advance mates

do oyu have a antivir program?
maybe it checks you whole hd every 20min..

Last edited by wrock,

Sc

Quoted from jahrein

Hi guize
I’ve been using the config for a long time. I’ve chosen the high frames instead of max, cuz as a medic when I uber with max frames all I see is; well… nothing.
But I’ve been having difficulties with high frames lately. I usually get 120fps but sometimes (every 15-20 minutes) I get 20-30 fps, then it gets back to 120 in a couple of minutes. I don’t know whatever could cause this. Has anyone had the same or similar issue ? Or is there a way to avoid the shitty uber graphics whilst using max frames?
Thx in advance mates

mat_specular 1 // Controls specularity. Setting this to 0 will make ubers
// non-shiny, and will remove some specular effects from in-game
// entities which support it. Setting this to 1 on dx8 will
// result in some strange `fire’ textures replacing their
// appropriate counterparts, especially on medals, and certain
// hats.

Saki

Quoted from jahrein

Hi guize
Thx in advance mates

Yo!
Well I think the 15-20 minute lag is possibly caused by hard disk usage. Would make sense if an antivirus started scanning or if your hard drive has not been defragmented for a long time. You could try adding the steam appcache stats folder to your antivirus exceptions as well as it updates very frequently which causes a lot of antiviruses to keep scanning it.

As for the ‘shitty ubers’ the command line you need to check in the config is mat_specular. You set the value to 1 instead of zero and you’re good to go. The only issue is that using this option on direct X 8 will cause strange fire textures on badges and hats.

Hope this helped ;)

EDIT: Flippin heck everyone beat me to it xD

Last edited by Saki,

vani

Bully

Quoted from jahrein

Hi guize
Thx in advance mates

Try mat_specular 1

Some more written about ubercharge graphics here http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-19253/

vani

Bully

Quoted from Saki

The only issue is that using this option on direct X 8 will cause strange fire textures on badges and hats.

Are you sure? I play with specular set to 1 on dx81 and I dont have this problem anymore. Iirc they fixed it.

Last edited by vani,

Saki

Quoted from vani

[…]

Are you sure? I play with specular set to 1 on dx81 and I dont have this problem anymore. Iirc they fixed it.

It comes back on and off between updates in my experience. But I do recall no longer having the fire issue with the current update, Thx for reminding me =D

mono

I still have fire textures with latest update..

vani

Bully

Quoted from mono

-dxlevel 81? I have no idea if different dxlevels affect this but give it a try.

Saki

Quoted from mono

And that my dear chap is why we continue to use mat_specular 0

Shitty Ubers > Burning hats and clothes

Warden

ded

Saki

Quoted from Warden

ded

No

Vaskie

BulletClub

Am looking for some help. I am running the Max Graphics Config (MaxQuality). I am looking to have motion blur on but the one that is on the menu settings is a bit too strong, and in the config i saw a few settings that apparently have to do with that.

mat_motion_blur_enabled 0 // Disabled by default in v2.005 onwards
mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 0
mat_motion_blur_strength

What is the optimal settings or what can i change in order to test the Strengh i want on it ?

Also is there a way to make the graphics even higher ?

Thank you

octochris

(0v0)

Sorry, I was banned until Valentines day because the ETF2L admins wanted to give me something to do tonight.

Quoted from Vaskie

mat_motion_blur_enabled 0 // Disabled by default in v2.005 onwards
mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled 0
mat_motion_blur_strength

What is the optimal settings or what can i change in order to test the Strengh i want on it ?

Some of the motion blur can’t be controlled by mat_motion_blur_strength. You’d be better just having it on or off, it’s not very configurable.

Quoted from Vaskie

Also is there a way to make the graphics even higher?

You won’t get any higher graphics from setting anything else. You may end up using more processing power, but you’ll see absolutely no difference.

Vaskie

BulletClub

Thank you for response, what if i enable the Motion Blur overall but disable the mat_motion_blur_forward_enabled ? The biggest issue i have with the Motion Blur is when jumping as a soldier or a demoman. Does that remove that issue ?

octochris

(0v0)

Yes. It would be wonderful if people could, instead of seeking advice when they could just try it and see, just try it and see.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 99 100 101 ... 116 Next »