Forum

The Official I39 Accommodation Thread!

Created 13th December 2009 @ 15:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Since Insane in the sexfane and other foreign dignitarys has asked me about (wtf i aint gettin in no tent sucka) where to stay? I shalt provide uninterupted info.
Its best to book far in advance or last minute but its most likely they’ll be sold out then.

My personal advice is pick up a £10 tent from Tesco(other supermarkets are available) chuck a £5 blow up bed/doll in there and a sleeping bag and your snug as a bug. Also within 2 minutes walk from the bar and pissing distance from a toilet(next doors tent).

However for those of you who are more refined/wimpy(Skinnie!) i have concocted a list of hotels nearby. They are like a £5/6 taxi away so split between 4 people it wont cost alot each day and you’ll get better facilitys but it is more of a work up.
Prices range from about £18 a night – £50 depends what rooms u want and if you want to top and tail it/spoon warmly.

Cheque(e)rs http://www.eurobookings.com/newbury-hotels-gb/the-chequers-hotel.html?label=gg_en_bh_230854-united-kingdom-newbury-chequers-hotel

And Hilton Newbury North are closest/best

Alertnativly view this google map location thing – gives you a list of whats where http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF8&q=hotels+near+RG14+7NZ+RG14+7NZ&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hotels&hnear=RG14+7NZ+RG14+7NZ&view=map&ei=4AUlS_j5C4T34Aay56H1CQ&ved=0CCkQtQMwAA

Post up if you need someone to room share to lower cost! Another good piece of advice is to over fill say a room for 2 with an air bed and make it even cheaper, just hide it in a bag so the hotel staff will never know.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I stayed in Chequers at i38; its in the centre of town and pretty close to everything.
Very nice, about £45 per night for a single, twin or double (young Finnish boy to snuggle with sold separately).

perry

[MIPC]

Admirable got an extra discount ;)

skinnie

TCM

sleeping in a tent looked really comfy to me at i38

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Dont be gay! :D Granted, there were record fast gale force winds that *may* or may not have launched a few tents over the fence onto the horse racing course. But if you tie your tent down its plently comfy.

WOODY[

Op4

i totally recommend the BaconArms. stayed there at i38, free breakfast and a free meal http://www.english-inns.co.uk/EP/BaconArms/index.htm

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I remember me and kaidus went outside for a fag to see a security guard laughing at an upside down tent. Memories.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

thx tapley, we’ll work something out now

Pro tip for Easter camping in Newbury: Don’t bother with a sleeping bag!

Bring your double airbed, a sheet, two pillows, a duvet and all related bedding… Crawling into a fully made up bed at silly o’clock in the morning is wonderful and you’ll be toasty warm all night!

Just remember to be good and make your bed before gaming in the morning :-P

Evil

Newbury is a fucking dive.

Akill

bringing real bedstuff in a tent just gets them damp within a day :< mummy sleeping bag + one of those lumbar pillow thingies that have the comfy beads inside them :)

lolage

TSPAG

Bring your double airbed, a sheet, two pillows, a duvet and all related bedding… Crawling into a fully made up bed at silly o’clock in the morning is wonderful and you’ll be toasty warm all night

i like the sound of that :D

Airbeds are massively heavy to lug around I’ve experienced.

What’s the story with these “red rooms”? Possible to sleep there? I’m going to be depending on my clanmates for a tent due to being a filthy foreigner and I’d like a backup plan (not that they’re unreliable, eh, eh Woody).

kaidus

WiK?

Slept in my car at i38, raped the shit out of any tent I tell you right now.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Slept in my car at i38, raped the shit out of any tent I tell you right now.

yea man, put the front seats down a bit, have a few beers (in my case a shit load), and it’s the best sleep you can get at LAN.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »