Forum

bball.tf - New site and start of the first season!

Created 9th January 2016 @ 23:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Damon Albarn

Just an update from bball.tf. We are very excited with the new site that llamadillo has graciously spent his time working on! We are working on filling out the site, but the league format is all set up and ready for signups! In addition to this, Exile has put out an amazing new map to play on that is going up on the servers today. Everything is coming together quite nicely and I hope we will be able to bring the community together even further with the addition of these features, especially the new league. We are also aiming at training new players into bball with the tutorial videos currently on the site and in the works. There will be separate divisions just like the tournaments have been before this and possibly adding more depending on signups. As for more details on the rules and process of the league.

Maximum of 3 people on a roster
Opponents are assigned on Sundays while the match is completed until the following Sunday.
Matches for the week will be a best of 3 and all scores will be reported on the website under your team.
There is no scheduled match time–Each week you will schedule your match when it is suitable for you both.
Each game will go to 25 or time limit of 20 minutes, whichever comes first.
Respawns will be 2 seconds and there is no sitting on the rim.

Now for some things that we are working on/would like to do in the future

Player stats specific to bball integrated into the website
Voting and organization for frag videos on the site
Integrated pickup games on the website
Valve supported medal for winners of the league

This new website is a huge step into what we would love to accomplish with TF2 bball and would love any and all suggestions to make it better for everyone!

Last edited by Damon Albarn,

Signed up to the league, but how do I add players to my team?

armadillo

HIFACGOOO

Link players to your team page and give them the password.
In the future we will add the ability to generate invite codes.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

link of the page?

Jan

(League Admin)
|FV|

“Not Found The requested URL /team-create/team-do-create.php was not found on this server.” when trying to create a team.

Last edited by Jan,

armadillo

HIFACGOOO

Link here

And sorry for the problems when registering a team, to the best of my knowledge they are all fixed now.

Last edited by armadillo,

mole

Really hope you’re able to get the whitelist working soon, don’t know what to do in tf2 but play bball

dd5f

still getting not found when leaving or joining a team

armadillo

HIFACGOOO

Quoted from mole

Really hope you’re able to get the whitelist working soon, don’t know what to do in tf2 but play bball

We’ve a whitelist here, tell us if there are any issues!
Quoted from dd5f

still getting not found when leaving or joining a team

Apologies, the script I used to update lots of the urls didn’t work entirely. That should be fixed.

mole

Quoted from armadillo

We’ve a whitelist here, tell us if there are any issues!

Damon knows about the issue, it’s that you can’t use the original on the bball.tf germany server.

Last edited by mole,

Damon Albarn

Quoted from mole

[…]

Damon knows about the issue, it’s that you can’t use the original on the bball.tf germany server.

Its true. I do know about the issue. I have updated the whitelist, but I have something overriding the whitelist on the server. There is the same issue on the US servers.

Besides that slip up, the signups are going great so far. 20 US and 20 EU teams so far have signed up. Rainman and ool have both created videos to promote the inaugural season. Let’s keep the signups going!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_CTZNAsfuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxrdmkZaso

Last edited by Damon Albarn,

Damon Albarn

The beginning of the season is only 2 days away! Right now we have 59/111 teams readied up for the new season. If you haven’t done so please do! Just go to your team page and click the ready button. This is how we will place you into matches on your team page.

Because of the large amount of signups in Europe, We have added servers in London, Paris, and Amsterdam thanks to George. Hopefully this will be better for ping and for the matches that you have each week.

Signups are still open until tomorrow!

Add A Reply Pages: 1