Forum

tactics.tf strategy tool

Created 10th September 2015 @ 11:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Gentleman Jon

New Update

Multi-editor, or at least as multi editor as it’s going to get for now. Editor status can now be moved around a group by a request and transfer system. Brief documentation is here under the “Who can draw?” title (at the end of the page). The room starter always has the capability to regain control of the session.

Gentleman Jon

A problem was identified with changing maps, that should now be fixed.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]
Short answer: maybe but not soon
Long answer: text tends to be one of those things where people like to be able to click back into it and move it around and edit it because you don’t really know how it will look before you start typing, much more so than with shapes or icons. I haven’t looked into it in detail but I think the development burden on that will be pretty high with questionable gain compared to some other changes that are in the pipeline.

imo, it would be already helpful, if you can add a text below the map, such as a description, doesnt habe to be on the map and movable.

also, i cant find the “delete” button for current tactics i’ve saved

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from .kr4tos

imo, it would be already helpful, if you can add a text below the map, such as a description, doesnt habe to be on the map and movable.

also, i cant find the “delete” button for current tactics i’ve saved

There currently isn’t a delete button, I’m currently looking at implementing this:

https://i.imgur.com/ZerY1Lr.png

Which should improve saved diagram handling

Gentleman Jon

The improved file management shown above should now be in place

Gentleman Jon

Big Highlander map update. Added:

Upward
Badwater Pro
Barnblitz
Gravel Pit
Lakeside
Warmtic

Still doing a bit of work on Steel

Thanks to b33p, Rem and Cocoforcocopuffs for all their work on these

Gentleman Jon

Freehand Mode Added
https://i.imgur.com/nVsXOEl.png

For those who have struggled with or don’t like the formality of the vector tools (probably everyone) you can just sketch whatever you want however you want in freehand mode. The docs have been updated, the drawing panel slightly reworked. There is also a new proper colour selector instead of the clunky drop down selectors.

Also I identified and fixed a bug that could seriously reduce performance when the editor is refreshed.

Collaide

For whatever reason I’ve missed this, but I can imagine it would be very useful for teams, especially at mid and open level. Awesome work!

NeuTronas

I believe if you would add CS:GO maps a lot of CS:GO players might actually use it and it would get much more popular

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from NeuTronas

I believe if you would add CS:GO maps a lot of CS:GO players might actually use it and it would get much more popular

Maybe, it would need a lot more polish to appeal to the CS crowd though I think. As the platform matures there’s lots of possibilities

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

would nice to have a spectator list, so you can see who/ how many people are watching

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

https://imgur.com/vzJH0Lt

I took a couple of screenshots and shooped them together to get that, don’t know if those sorts of screenshots are of any interest, they’re very easy to make.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from scrambled

https://imgur.com/vzJH0Lt

I took a couple of screenshots and shooped them together to get that, don’t know if those sorts of screenshots are of any interest, they’re very easy to make.

The main reason these are a problem is the aspect ratio, at the moment image proportions and sizes have been assumed at the beginning, and it’s come to my attention that it’s a massive pain in the ass to do a lot of things I’d assumed would be fairly easy to change later.

I also feel a bit like the level overview images are repeating information that’s adequately shown in the normal angles and I’m not quite sure of the benefits but if people want them I’m happy to put them in the update queue.

Gentleman Jon

I’ve added an image export button in both the controller and viewer. It will save in the same size as the display, so controller images are disappointingly small but you can always open a viewer as well. Because of restrictions on data sizes the images have to do a round trip to the server, so large images may take a while particularly if you are on a crappy connection. Also there’s a size limit of around 10MB so a 4k display probably won’t work.

The filename is a combination of your steamid and the room name, if this is a problem let me know and I’ll implement custom naming.

Gentleman Jon

UPDATE – Steam Images

I’ve added the ability to use images from your Steam screenshots as backgrounds. This doesn’t mean I won’t be adding maps in the future, but it makes it more flexible for you now. Your screenshots need to be public for this to work.

I haven’t added it to the docs yet but I’m not sure when I’ll get the chance to do that so I thought I’d make this available now. In the controller there is now a new button at the bottom of the file options to use a Steam image. This will open up a popup showing your current steam screenshots – this can be a little slow, give it a few moments to load.

Note that screenshots taken aren’t uploaded immediately, you need to go through some steps in the overlay to get them uploaded if you want to use something you’re capturing at the time.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »