Forum

Hampshire Heavies - friendly 9v9s/new map playtests/tournies/community servers

Created 3rd April 2015 @ 22:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

samn

AP

Hey, I’m Sam from the Hampshire Heavies. We’re a TF2 community that’s been around since the very beginning, and right now we’re running a bunch of regular events you might like to check out.

Fight Night – every week we run a 9v9 highlander match that aims to give players a taste of how comp works. It’s a really fun night with a great sense of community. We even stream it with commentary on our Twitch channel!

New Map Night – on Sundays we hold a playtest event where we try out 5 brand new maps and give feedback to their creators, who are often right on the server with us.

HH 4v4 Cup – starting in May we will be holding a special tournament with real prizes to be won.

We welcome players of all (or none) skill levels and experience to our events. You can find out more by visiting our forum or joining our events Steam group for the latest updates.

Our main server is usually active in the evenings, it has a high skill level, nocrits and runs mostly 5CP and PL single-stage maps, including cp_sunshine: hh2.thehh.co.uk:27025

Our match server is where we run New Map Nights, you might want to add it to your faves for those special Sundays: hh5.thehh.co.uk:27055

Cheers!

Sam

Last edited by samn,

Spycy

TC.Express

Thats really cool, I’ll come take a look!

samn

AP

Oh, and you can always add me on Steam if you have any questions about what we do or just want a chat:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/samandsam/

Last edited by samn,

Please check these servers and the community out. Hampshire Heavies has been nothing less than amazing.

If you go to a bar after a soccer game, it’s going to HH1 or 2 after scrimming for TF2.

Grenja

Oh damn these still exist? I used to pub over at HH all the time when I was newish. I thought they died when most community servers did.

Aight. Time to add all these IPs to my favorites again.

samn

AP

We’re less active then we used to be, but we have some dedicated fillers that get things going from 7.30 ish (UK) every evening. We have a server fillers group if you’d like announcements: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hhserverfillers

Vlijm

UbeR |

Awesome! Ill be sure to check them out, i remember this from way back.

Are there still rare “Akasazh sightings” on these servers?

samn

AP

We do indeed see Aka from time to time!

Tonight (Sunday 5th April) we’re running our New Map Night, hop onto hh5.thehh.co.uk:27055 any time from 7pm (UK time) to playtest a bunch of new in-the-works custom maps! see thread for info and map list

And on Wed 8th April we’re running a Fight Night 9v9, still a few slots left if you want to sign up on our forum.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

<3 love me some HH

Iller

tGa

HH is really one of the best (if not the best) pub servers in my opinion.
It’s one of those rare places where everyone actually play the game instead of trading, idling, trolling and so on.

Anyhow, that new map testing seems fun. Will join if the server is not too full.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Tapley ❤

<3 love me some HH

Lan-team :D

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Awesome! Used to tryhard pubmedic on HH before I started comp, was awesome back then. Didn’t even know HH were still running a “normal” server with good population.

Last time I played on HH1 or 2 the performance was really bad though. Warping players etc. Is that fixed now?

samn

AP

Quoted from skeej

Awesome! Used to tryhard pubmedic on HH before I started comp, was awesome back then. Didn’t even know HH were still running a “normal” server with good population.

Last time I played on HH1 or 2 the performance was really bad though. Warping players etc. Is that fixed now?

We did move to a new dedicated server a few months ago, and a few weeks ago we had some network issues. That should all be sorted now though.

HH2 is our main server, it’s what we usually try and fill :)

We have a server fillers group here as well: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hhserverfillers

Last edited by samn,

CHERRY

The last time I had this much fun on a pub was on Stajnia Ogarów like 3-4 years ago :O
I’ll be playing regularly for sure.

Last edited by CHERRY,

samn

AP

Glad you liked it Cherry! Tried to add you just now but your friends list is full :o

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »