Forum

Offseason Elo League (6v6)

Created 2nd April 2015 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

If you want to beat them, play them. The system doesn’t care who wins.

Surprised more teams aren’t active, but then I haven’t been playing this offseason either.

Kaneco

Quoted from fraac

If you want to beat them, play them. The system doesn’t care who wins.

Surprised more teams aren’t active, but then I haven’t been playing this offseason either.

BUt then you would have to go out of your way to play a mid open team which if you’re a mid/high team is not what you wanna do at all. I think thats the fault in this, its too easy to game when there are so few teams playing eachother/signed up.

Last edited by Kaneco,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

There are 6 active mid/high teams scoring points already, and maybe more I don’t know about. Add them, play them, tell me about ones that aren’t included. The problem is lack of seamless integration between finding suitable opponents and scheduling games with them. I’ve heard talk of proposed sites that would solve that – scheduling and ratings done together – which would be great. I’ve an irc info bot that I might turn on for everyone by default in the meantime.

retz

Quoted from fraac

There are 6 active mid/high teams scoring points already, and maybe more I don’t know about. Add them, play them, tell me about ones that aren’t included. The problem is lack of seamless integration between finding suitable opponents and scheduling games with them. I’ve heard talk of proposed sites that would solve that – scheduling and ratings done together – which would be great. I’ve an irc info bot that I might turn on for everyone by default in the meantime.

We tried asking them to play us but they wouldn’t accept due to fear of losing points, that’s a problem.

Kaneco

Quoted from retz

[…]
We tried asking them to play us but they wouldn’t accept due to fear of losing points, that’s a problem.

rofl

ez €50

retz

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

rofl

ez €50

It’s actually €75 since the split is 50-30-20(%) of €150:), at least I think it’s that.

Last edited by retz,

Meeto

It’s a really good idea in theory, and I appreciate the effort behind it, but as people stated above, there are some serious uncontrollable flaws in it that hold it back. One of the biggest is not enough teams signing up. The second is teams refusing to play anyone they think they can’t beat.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Will do it without any prize money next time.

Meeto

That sounds like a good idea. Not everything needs a prize pool. Just having something fun for teams to compete with during the offseason is good enough imo.

AB

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Its not really fraacs fault, this is an awesome idea but the popularity and signup numbers it managed don’t really work out for a system like that.

Too easy to game the system, right now it’s a mid open team which is leading, I wouldn’t really count it. Imo you should extend the prize until the end of next month or just automatically include every team.

It was directed at Frozy FailFish

Kaneco

Quoted from fraac

Will do it without any prize money next time.

I think having some incentive like this in the offseason with a prizepool is ok, actually it’s an amazing idea, u just need to either get every team automatically signed up or else you end up with abuses like this where a mid open team is in 1st and is clearly refusing to play better opponents.

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I think having some incentive like this in the offseason with a prizepool is ok, actually it’s an amazing idea, u just need to either get every team automatically signed up or else you end up with abuses like this where a mid open team is in 1st and is clearly refusing to play better opponents.

Refusing to play better opponents? I don’t know if you are talking about my team, but I haven’t had a single add to play a match.

Kaneco

Quoted from TimTum

[…]

Refusing to play better opponents? I don’t know if you are talking about my team, but I haven’t had a single add to play a match.

Im going from what retz posted, if it’s not true I apologize, still its easily abused if there are only a selected number of teams signed up

retz

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Im going from what retz posted, if it’s not true I apologize, still its easily abused if there are only a selected number of teams signed up

It wasn’t his team.

I wanna add that since this is basically a ladder, people shouldn’t be allowed to deny opponents, but yeah whatever who cares I’m not fully keen on this whatsoever. This is probably the first time something like this is done so everything is acceptable.

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Is the league going to end on May 1st 23:59 cest? Or is Thursday the last day we can play?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »