JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Comedian

Weav been working…

This has convinced me to try it.

PuzZle

Boys
GG

Anything that is trying to compete with twitch is welcome. If no other good option besides twitch comes along, we might eventually get bullshitted by twitch because they can do more or less what they want without much backlash.

So for the single purpose of competition and improvments regarding streaming, I am hoping for success.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Few questions. Probably not answerable now.

1. Why no HTML 5 player?

2. What are your plans to create revenue for streamers?

3. One of the things that I feel twitch has to it’s advantage is its twitch chat, some of them can be hilarious to go along with and others can actually be a pretty decent place if well moderated. What are the plans to try and entice people to actually use your service and build communities around it?

4. Another thing is that the twitch scene is very top heavy as everything is sorted by most viewers it’s incredibly difficult for newer streamers to really get an opportunity, what are the plans to create a more even spread?

5. Girl gamers? What u gonna do boi?

A few things I’ve noticed from the start there’s a lot of empty space (I know it’s alpha but u wanted feedback: D), hitbox.tv have a really nice design for some parts of their website and shit for other sections.

I think there can be some really good things coming from this but I’d say you’d have to do everything perfectly to even scratch at the surface of live streaming.

Agro

(Q)<

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

1. Why no HTML 5 player?

We want this so badly. It’s one of our core features that will be coming in a future release.

2. What are your plans to create revenue for streamers?

Short term, we’re using the sub model but with terms that are almost impossibly favourable to all streamers.

3. One of the things that I feel twitch has to it’s advantage is its twitch chat, some of them can be hilarious to go along with and others can actually be a pretty decent place if well moderated. What are the plans to try and entice people to actually use your service and build communities around it?

Glad you feel this way. We absolutely agree with you. When Kudos is introduced in a future build that’ll give you the tools you need as a streamer and as viewer to start building communities in your chat. I don’t want to give too much away about it, but yeah, definitely something I’m personally championing.

4. Another thing is that the twitch scene is very top heavy as everything is sorted by most viewers it’s incredibly difficult for newer streamers to really get an opportunity, what are the plans to create a more even spread?

I’m starting to think you’ve been fed these lines… ? Right, this one is Comedian’s brainchild so I’m happy to let him take the credit. As you may have noticed, there’s no adverts on the site, so weav pulled away from the norm. The way other sites choose who gets on front page is very much about who’s paying the most for the privilege and if you know someone who works there. We have an idea that will kick in with a future build based on who deserves to be there. We’re looking at metrics like audience interaction, growth rates, audience retention, bounce rates. Using this kind of stuff +magic to decide who best represents the sort of streaming culture we want to promote.

5. Girl gamers? What u gonna do boi?

Step up bro.

A few things I’ve noticed from the start there’s a lot of empty space (I know it’s alpha but u wanted feedback: D), hitbox.tv have a really nice design for some parts of their website and shit for other sections.

I think there can be some really good things coming from this but I’d say you’d have to do everything perfectly to even scratch at the surface of live streaming.

We’re cheating a lot by calling it “alpha”. It leaves us the space to get ideas to put back into the site. That said the outward appearance is very much an alpha site. There’s going to be things in the future that will make it look and feel super slick. When that happens we’ll probably drop into beta and ramp up our staff.

We actually watched hitbox get launched with immeasurable interest. They went live about 3 months before we were due to launch the first time. We kind of did a Valve – post HL2 code hack at that point and took everything we had, binned it and started from scratch. The result is something stronger and more capable with a team so much more resilient than we had before. We’re glad we’ve had the chance to learn from everything that came before us.

Last edited by Agro,

stephen

on OBS how do i set the stream key to work? cant seem to go live

edit: after trying it out there seems to be a few key features missing, number of viewers, popout chat, viewer list etc. nice to use though

Last edited by stephen,

Agro

(Q)<

Quoted from stephen

on OBS how do i set the stream key to work? cant seem to go live

Link to a better explaination of how to get the right stream key with quick and dirty settings. http://www.reddit.com/r/weav/comments/3802ba/issues_with_alpha_and_they_need_looking_over_badly/crr9yzc

edit: after trying it out there seems to be a few key features missing, number of viewers, popout chat, viewer list etc. nice to use though

Agree on all points. There are tickets for each of these already in the build queue. What would you say was most important/urgent thing you’d want changed?

stephen

popout chat is great for the streamers end and no. of viewers

Last edited by stephen,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2