Forum

TF2 Connexion Movie Contest 2, powered by ROCCAT / 200€ Cashprize

Created 31st July 2014 @ 13:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

fmapkmn

Z&Co
[NoL]

Ladies and gentlemen, TF2 Connexion, the French TF2 community, would like to present the second edition of our TF2 Connexion Movie Contest powered by ROCCAT, our German Sponsor.

Here is the trailer made by Mambaaa and me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SseJwYC2Pyc

Last year entries from AMS, Saladeauthon & .Cali and Grid were the three chosen from a total of 23 participants.

This year, the TF2C Movie Contest is open for everyone (not only for European moviemakers as last year), aimed at all TF2 communities.

This is why we can count on 7 international judges :

– Salamancer and Marxist (TeamFortressTV staff)
– Kaneco (Founder of Comp.tf)
– Huhy (Moviemaker)
– The french trio Remitche (Caster), K3 (Prem Medic) and Twiggy (Caster)

The entries will be graded on the quality of the frags, music and the editing.

Prizes

First : 150€ + ROCCAT Keyboard Ryos MK Glow http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Glow
Second : 25€ + ROCCAT Gaming Mouse Kone XTD Optical http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-XTD-Optical
Highest placed Frenchman: 25€ + ROCCAT In-ear Headset Syva http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Syva

The contest begins now and the deadline is fixed at September 30th 2014 on 23:59 CEST (UTC+2).

May the airshots be with you!

Frequently Asked Questions :

When does the contest begin ?

Beginning date: Now!
Deadline: Thursday 30th September 2014 on 23:59 CEST (UTC+2).
The results will be announced in October.

What are the competition’s rules regarding content ?

The TF2 Connexion Movie Contest powered by ROCCAT is a TF2-related video contest.
One does not necessarily have to make a fragmovie. It could be a simple fragshow or a jumping movie, however, we do not accept SFM-exclusive movies, although you can still use SFM in your video.

There is a length limit : Under 10 minutes.

How do I make my video eligible for this contest ?

You must use the TF2C/ ROCCAT intro at the beginning of your video.
TF2C Download link
Mediafire Download link
MEGA Download link

You can edit the intro (music, background) but you need to keep the animation and the visibility of these two logos.
The title of your video on Youtube must include the mention “#TF2Connexion Contest”.
The video submission needs to be in this ETF2L thread.

I’m new in editing and I don’t have any contacts to make a democall.

Last year’s competition saw some beginners have problems with acquiring frags in order to make movies. We have come up with a way to fix that!
Thanks to Beater we now have a demopack from the ESEA Season 16 LAN [Link]
Our French winner, Saladeauthon has offered his demopack as well [Link]
Of course, it’s not necessary to use these demos but it surely can help some of you to make fragmovies.

Can I do multiple entries ?

You have only one entry for this contest. However, two or more moviemakers can work in one entry.

How will judges evaluate the entries ?

Each of our 7 judges will attempt to grade the movie according to: editing, frag quality, and personal impressions.
Finally, an average mark will be generated for each movie in order to rank them.

Why is there a category for best Frenchman in this contest?

ROCCAT, the german manufacturer of gaming peripherals, is powering this contest instead of on our side. Actually, our partner is focused on the French TF2 community and especially the French league. After discussion with our sponsor, ROCCAT agreed to help us in this international project and this justifies the French place.

What countries are eligible to win ROCCAT gear ?

For this edition, the only countries eligible to win gear from ROCCAT are the following:

– France
– Belgium
– United-Kingdom
– Germany
– Spain
– Italy
– Switzerland
– Austria

If a winner resides outside of these countries, he/ she is not eligible to receive gear from ROCCAT due to the high cost of shipping.

Cash prizes can be won by anyone regardless of your country. Half from the community and the other half from an anonymous donor (who has decided the split of the cashprize especially for the first place). Thus, we will try to renegotiate the intial cash prize. Where currency conversion is an issue, we can renegotiate the cash prize into an equivalent; either games and/or tf2 items.

If a French movie maker takes the first or second place, what happens to the French dedicated place ?

In that case, the highest Frenchman prize will be awarded to the third ranked entry.

Last edited by fmapkmn,

Ch3Vy

FjK

Quoted from fmapkmn

For this edition, the only countries eligible to win gear from ROCCAT are the following:

– France
– Belgium
– United-Kingdom
– Germany
– Spain
– Italy
– Switzerland
– Austria

This might make someone sad :(

rytis

PrettyGay

racsist bastards

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

France, Belgium, Germany and the UK… why is NL being left out?

fmapkmn

Z&Co
[NoL]

Quoted from kKaltUu

If a winner resides outside of these countries, he/ she is not eligible to receive gear from ROCCAT due to the high cost of shipping.
Cash prizes can be won by anyone regardless of your country.

Last edited by fmapkmn,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from kKaltUu

More than likely it is out of their control and demands from Roccat.

Bery

Seizs
LoL

Quoted from rytis

racsist bastards

lol :D
Im In :v

CHERRY

Quoted from fmapkmn

[…]
[…]

Really? High prices of sending it to the Netherlands? :O

Last edited by CHERRY,

Popcorp

If someone who lives outside of those countries wins 1st place, can’t he just ask to use Prize money to cover delivery fee? Same for 2nd and 3rd place, but i guess you have to add your own money

fmapkmn

Z&Co
[NoL]

Quoted from Popcorp

If someone who lives outside of those countries wins 1st place, can’t he just ask to use Prize money to cover delivery fee? Same for 2nd and 3rd place, but i guess you have to add your own money

It’s more expensive to send ROCCAT gear to Russia than buy ROCCAT gear thanks to our cashprize.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I can confirm that sending a mousepad from Germany to Russia costs multiple times its MSRP.
I too wonder why BeNeLux, Poland, Denmark, etc are left out, though. Shipping is usually not more expensive than shipping to France or the UK.

korbb

lol hl

awesome, might make an ultiduo movie.

fmapkmn

Z&Co
[NoL]

As a reminder, here is the cashprize for this second edition of the TF2 Connexion Movie Contest 2 by ROCCAT

http://cdn.tf2connexion.fr/divers/TF2C%20Movie%20Contest%202%20by%20ROCCAT/MovieContest2ROCCATCashprize.png

Last edited by fmapkmn,

fmapkmn

Z&Co
[NoL]

If you have any questions concerning the contest, please feel free to ask me.

Here are the ROCCAT prizes for the contest http://cdn.tf2connexion.fr/divers/TF2C%20Movie%20Contest%202%20by%20ROCCAT/MovieContest2ROCCATPrizes.png

Googler

G

If someone is not in any of there countries:
– France
– Belgium
– United-Kingdom
– Germany
– Spain
– Italy
– Switzerland
– Austria
but wins gear, does it stay with you on any condition? Can I ask you to send it to someone else I choose (in those countries ofc)?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »