Forum

tf2movies.org

Created 15th April 2014 @ 19:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from Selek

Can’t you tell people to categorise the videos they list by themselves? Correcting wrong entries should be much less work than to categorise it all by yourself in the first place.

Yep, good idea!

The Last Thing

I know that the site has just been released but I think a wonderful feature to add to this website is a tutorial section over movie making. I’ve noticed that it’s been very hard to find decent tutorials about smoothing demo replay, Source TV demos, and 3rd party programs (lawena) since they have been scattered around YouTube just like these frag movies have been.

It’s just an idea that has been long overdue just like this wonderful website. I hope this is a big success and I defiantly will be adding to it.

Last edited by The Last Thing,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

100 movies awaiting moderation. If you want to help us sorting them, drop me a line.

juju

TBA
Tissi

Quoted from Selek

Can’t you tell people to categorise the videos they list by themselves? Correcting wrong entries should be much less work than to categorise it all by yourself in the first place.

this :)

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

That’s awesome.

The Last Thing

I love the stats for nerds option in the right-click menu

jx53

Quoted from The Last Thing

I love the stats for nerds option in the right-click menu

thats by youtube

walters

I would like to help you!

doks

nTraum you can ask me for help any time bro!
Just not when your mom needs me.

droso

o/

http://tf2movies.org/movies/drosophile-volume-one
http://tf2movies.org/movies/tf2-drosophile-volume-one-frag-movie-by-chris

Only keep the one on my own channel please. :o)

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

good job on the site!

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

We’re working on removing duplicates, thanks for pointing them out.

It has been exciting 24 hrs, here are some stats accumulated after one day:

357 movies (37 rejected, 266 published, 54 pending), totalling 8,786,982 views and 1,361 minutes of video footage.
184 editors.
491 songs.
132 downloads (91 online).
133 users.
8 Moderators tagging movies (λrgo, huhy, Dikker, Twisted, Blooddrunk, MARS^, ash and The Pillow Man), thank you so much.

Last edited by nTraum,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Great initiative! I wish the tagging and more specific categorization would allow for more option and indexing, which would really elevate this site above just using the Youtube search.

It’d be awesome if you could search for: players featured in fragmovie, year that fragmovie was released, “official matches” fragmovie or not, if official -> which season(s), what classes are featured, etc.

These types of categorization add the extra value over Youtube. Currently the search functino already searches through the description, but that’s a bit messy. It would be sweet if the seperate categorizations could be built in (and, for instance, when watching a certain fragmovie, you could even click on a players name to see all the fragmovies they’re featured in)

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I’m all in for improved tagging skeej, but I think we’d run into some issues with them.

Let’s say we want to tag every player. That would probably take months (we’d need more moderators for this), also inconsistent nicknames is an issue (stefan, schocky, stefan <3 melle, melle <3 schocky, s. etc pp). The more unkown the players are the harder it gets to agree on a generic nickname.

Tagging by year, league, season etc. is doable if we had more moderators.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Sometimes it’s already hard enough to find out regions for the videos, you have to rely on the youtube channel to have the steam account in the “about us” section. Even if that’s the case, you can never be 100% sure that the country stated on the steam profile is right or that there is even a country stated.
To enable advanced tagging every youtube video would have to give all these information.
I agree with you that it would take the site to “the next level” though, but it’s simply not possible with a limited amount of moderators and information.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »