Forum

Highlander pickup - hl.lethal-zone.eu

Created 16th August 2013 @ 19:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Fresh'z

§GOLD

Quoted from Q-Ball

Sorry for being poor russian student, spending his last money getting cheapest domain name available.

I got my .info for ~3 dollars per year and VPS for ~2 dollars per month.
Besides, login with steam is legit everywhere on earth. There’s no way it can catch your password, unless the actual steamcommunity site is a fake.

Now back to crying because I was just working on a similar thing.

Last edited by Fresh'z,

Alex_jj

Домены по .info как выше написали очень дешевые.
И не советовал бы я тебе иметь русский домен,по причине русафобии(спец. ошибку сделлал) у многих европейцев,проект умрет так и не родившимся. И естественно спасибо за рвение :)
P.S. If you have any problem,use google or abbylingvo translates.

Last edited by Alex_jj,

Fresh'z

§GOLD

русафобии

The romanian translation – priceless.

anti2

Quoted from Fresh'z

русафобии

The romanian translation – priceless.

try русофобия :-)

Q-Ball

ƒusg

Great news people, I talked to Snelvuur and if everything goes as planned, pickup will be going back up shortly.
Stay tuned.

Kaneco

Quoted from Angel

[…]

RTFM to prevent posting this nonsense.

Did you actually read what I wrote. I said I knew it was trustworthy but .ru domains are in general very frowned upon, as you might know a large percentage of the world spam and malware goes through russian domains and servers.

Read before you write nonsense, now its me saying it to you.

Quoted from Vaskie

Q-Ball has to be one of the most trustworthy persons i ever got the pleasure of meeting. He is trying his very best to build something for the community so just calm down..

I know you’re intentions are the best Kaneco but he has been putting a lot of effort towards this project. If he got that one specific domain it’s cause of lack of funds which people should be helping..

As for the Steam Login System, he is not using anything that he shouldn’t so nothing to be cautious about.

Also i can understand where you are coming from with the whole .ru being.. yeah :D But seriously..

Its a matter of having a trustable domain and host and make your project look professional. As I said above I knew it was trustworthy just really unprofessional. If you check cube’s post you can see it’s already flagged as malware under some antivirus/browsers. Likely due to being a .ru host or domain

Angel

Quoted from Kaneco

Did you actually read what I wrote. I said I knew it was trustworthy but .ru domains are in general very frowned upon, as you might know a large percentage of the world spam and malware goes through russian domains and servers.

Proof link about this percentage, please.

Python

Quoted from Angel

[…]

Q-Ball

ƒusg

http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/other_resources/b-istr_appendices_v18_2012_221284438.en-us.pdf

Page 8.

Now please back on topic.

Last edited by Q-Ball,

Kaneco

Quoted from Angel

[…]

q-ball already posted something but here goes another link.

… things like this are common sense

http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries/

Russia has had a spam and malware problem for years, how are you not aware of this, some CMS’s even have all russian domains blocked by default to prevent this stuff. I am just trying to help and warn him about that, no need to get all pissy at me.

Alex_jj

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

q-ball already posted something but here goes another link.

… things like this are common sense

http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries/

Russia has had a spam and malware problem for years, how are you not aware of this, some CMS’s even have all russian domains blocked by default to prevent this stuff. I am just trying to help and warn him about that, no need to get all pissy at me.

Это идиотизм товарищи.

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Kaneco

I am just trying to help and warn him about that, no need to get all pissy at me.

Don’t reply to him, he is just stupid.

Last edited by irfx,

irfx

EPA

del

Last edited by irfx,

quell

UbeR |

good work:) haven’t been able to see/use it yet but the irc channel was a hit in my book.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Kaneco is trying to say that .ru isn’t regarded that highly in the rest of Europe, and Q-Ball might face some problems by purely having a Russian TLD for his service. An alternative would be an .tf domain or a subdomain at another pickup service.

I’d say that it doesn’t really matter that much as long as it’s in development, and is kind of cluttering the thread. A large portion of the past posts are about this null issue. Q-Ball is aware of this, and I think I’m speaking for the both of us when I say that this thread is reserved feedback any other than the TLD of his site.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »