Forum

TF2Center.com, from pub to competitive

Created 5th August 2013 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 33 Next »

LimeBowler

I played a game last night where a player was repeatedly auto-reported even though they’d been connected to the server the entire game. It meant that we had 3/4 subs wasting their time connecting and looking to play.

Also, I’d just like to backup that request for lobbies that require mumble to be flagged. If I’m playing a lobby I just want to have fun mindlessly playing some 6’s or some Highlander. If I’m feeling particularly keen I’ll join a mumble required game, but otherwise I don’t have the patience to join a mumble where it’s inevitable there’ll either be a couple speaking a foreign language or someone raging and calling the medic a noob.

byte

Sent en email regarding a problem creating a lobby, as I kept on getting a read timed out, when it was trying to set up the server.

Provided an email with a screenshot for the tf2center team, awaiting a response/fix. Other than that it’s been alright the service and functionality in general.

Would appreciate a response though as to why and if it can be fixed!

Cheers

Byte

huhystah

Quoted from byte

Sent en email regarding a problem creating a lobby, as I kept on getting a read timed out, when it was trying to set up the server.

Provided an email with a screenshot for the tf2center team, awaiting a response/fix. Other than that it’s been alright the service and functionality in general.

Would appreciate a response though as to why and if it can be fixed!

Cheers

Byte

I am having the same problem with hiperz server.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from huhystah

[…]

Same with SimRai servers :(

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Something to do with SourceTV being enabled maybe? Think TF2Lobby used to have an issue if stv was enabled

zoob

Creating a lobby successfully on first try is quite rare (Read timed out or just stuck). Have to F5 and try a few times.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Really needs to auto join a lobby if you make one. Sat there looking at the ‘lobby created’ screen for a minute or so.

rajikaru

Is the “have to refresh in any web page – including steam browser – to see page updates” bug being worked on? I’ve tried 4 different web browsers, and I can’t even join any lobbies because every time I refresh I get kicked out of my Class. Also, literally everything on the page is only updated if I refresh.

Last edited by rajikaru,

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Casual

Really needs to auto join a lobby if you make one. Sat there looking at the ‘lobby created’ screen for a minute or so.

this actually happens sometimes, but not always.

Quoted from Permzilla

Something to do with SourceTV being enabled maybe? Think TF2Lobby used to have an issue if stv was enabled

was having the same issue with servers from serveme.tf. only had the problem with the vanillatv servers and not with the fakkelbrigade ones

Last edited by quell,

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Casual

Yeah, sometimes it stuck on “Server initializing” and others it said “All done!” and didn’t bring me to it.

Also, the reporting system needs fixed. Often when reporting people, the fourth report doesn’t work and we simply see “10 seconds before vote expires”.

Apart from that the site is great.

byte

Quoted from huhystah

[…]

I did make a suggestion that it could be firing too many requests in one go, and the server’s anti ddos crap kicks in, so it would be interesting to see if the coders did it manually and slowly executing each command, i.e. mumble, changing map , setting up password and other things.

Because when I check the server logs huhy, it shows that tf2center connects sends it first few commands then times out…

Which would suggest that connectivity is there but halted for “x” reason.

Cheers

Byte

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from byte

[…]

I did make a suggestion that it could be firing too many requests in one go, and the server’s anti ddos crap kicks in, so it would be interesting to see if the coders did it manually and slowly executing each command, i.e. mumble, changing map , setting up password and other things.

TF2Lobby sends a crapton of rcon commands when a lobby is started, one command per call. I’ve seen TF2Center combine multiple commands in 1 line.
So I doubt it’s anti-ddos plugins (afaik standard tf2 servers don’t really limit rcon commands)

this is evil evil

Hi.

I think the first priority on the fix-list right now, should be to fix the substitute system. It ruins a lot of lobbies :(

Next is to create some kind of reward system for players that play medic/heavy/engi. Especially medic, as I believe TF2center has had a negative impact on the amount of people that is willing to play medics, as I’ve heard loads of rumors about people flaming medics on mumble. Of course, it’s frustrating if a medic is not good, as he’s a central part of the team, but I do not believe flaming the medic is the right way to go at all, as it only discourage him/her and others to play that class. I think we should try and help anyone who tries to play medic on tf2center, and give him/her constructive feedback, if needed, to increase the amount of players willing to play medic again.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

How does the report system work?
When you type !rep red scout, how does it know what scout to report?
I heard that players got reported depite the fact that it was the other scout that left/timed out.

Svennebanan

Quoted from Dr. Heinz

How does the report system work?
When you type !rep red scout, how does it know what scout to report?
I heard that players got reported depite the fact that it was the other scout that left/timed out.

this pretty much, I had a lobby where a scout was repped 2 times instead of the guy who left and got kicked out first time, then the sub left and he got kicked again the first scout had reconnected when we repped the sub the first scout got kicked again when the new sub joined… wasnt a very pleasant experience for the enemy and their scout

Quoted from this is evil evil

Next is to create some kind of reward system for players that play medic/heavy/engi. Especially medic, as I believe TF2center has had a negative impact on the amount of people that is willing to play medics, as I’ve heard loads of rumors about people flaming medics on mumble. Of course, it’s frustrating if a medic is not good, as he’s a central part of the team, but I do not believe flaming the medic is the right way to go at all, as it only discourage him/her and others to play that class. I think we should try and help anyone who tries to play medic on tf2center, and give him/her constructive feedback, if needed, to increase the amount of players willing to play medic again.

I’ve heard a lot of flaming going towards demomen and medics in 6s lobbies, mostly towards medics.

Last edited by Svennebanan,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 33 Next »