Forum

ESA Ozone Open Cup #4 on Sunday, July 28 @ 16.45 CEST

Created 24th July 2013 @ 14:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

The TF2: Ozone Open Cup #4 with 32 slots kicks off this Sunday, July 28th, at 16.45 CEST. The shorter schedule seemed to be more convenient for most teams so I’ll keep it that way.

The signups are open NOW. Please do not forget that you need to check in your team. Check-in will open 2 hours before the tournament start (at 14.45 CEST) and remain open until about 16.30 CEST, after which the brackets will be created. The times on the tournament page are in GMT by default and in your local time, when you are logged in.
I personally had a lot of fun watching last week’s tournament and how teams adapted to certain unlocks. Unfortunately, the feedback I got after the cup directly from players was scarce. At this point I want to give a huge shoutout to Epsilon eSports, who are doing a very good job at giving detailed feedback regarding specific unlocks. My ears are always open, I would love to hear feedback from more top players on last week’s unlocks as well as more suggestions for unlocks to try out.
One thing that became apparent is that the Short Circuit in its current form can be used to completely shut down soldiers and demomen due to its low cooldown. The item will be banned from all ESA tournaments and will only be tried again, if it receives a significant nerf.
The Scorch Shot of the pyro was barely used. For this reason, it will be replaced with the Detonator.

*Update: Removed the Quickfix from the allowed unlocks list

The full list of allowed unlocks for all following ESA tournaments is:
– The Black Box
– The Winger
– The Gloves of Running Urgently
– The Cozy Camper
– L’Etranger
– The Detonator

More unlocks will be added (or removed, if they turn out to be horrible) in future ESA cups.

Premium Payout Explanation

The prize pool for this tournament is £100 (top 8 payout) and uses Premium payouts, which means you are only eligible to win a money prize, if you have an ESA Premium account. The prize pool is based on the number of Premium subscriptions and can be increased by simply buying a Premium subscription for yourself. If you do not have a Premium account, you can still compete for the Ozone Gaming Gear hardware, that is up to win for anyone, Premium or not.

Check-in

ESA tournaments are using a check in system. Only teams that checked in will be added to the tournament bracket. The check-in starts on Sunday, July 28, at 14.45 CEST (I’ve extended the check-in time to 2 hours) and lasts until 16.30 CEST, after which the brackets will be generated. If you miss this deadline, you can not play in the tournament. Only one member of the team has to check in the team.

ESA AntiCheat
Over the past months, ESA has developped its own AntiCheat tool, which will become mandatory soon. It was already tested in for CS:GO and many bugs have already been ironed out. The requirements to hardware and internet are minimal and should not mess up the game’s performance. To optimize it for TF2, it needs to be used and bugs need to be reported.

To improve this tool, ESA needs your help. This tool won’t become mandatory for at least another 2 weeks so please use this time to test the tool in cups and report any bugs or issues to ESA staff (if possible with screenshots). If it is absolutely not working for you, please get in touch with an admin and explain your issues as good as you can (if possible with screenshots). This tool runs on Windows systems only.

ESA AntiCheat requires no installation, you can just download the tool, start it up, log in with your ESA login credentials, enter your match ID (which can be found e.g. in the URL of the match page) and click “Start Scanning”. Please make sure to make yourself familiar with the tool and what it does. For example, you should not leave any confidential or sensitive information open while the tool is scanning, because it takes automatic screenshots of your screen. Only run it during matches.

More information and the download link can be found on the AntiCheat information page.

For questions, pop in at #esa on Quakenet or just ask in here.

One Night Cups

Kuferl and I are hosting a series of short 4- or 8 slot one night cups for low- and mid skilled teams only on most evenings. The reason for this is that ESA will start hosting tournaments with 3 skill tiers in August that replace the open tournaments every Sunday. Each bracket will have prize money but to participate your team needs to have a ranking of either low, medium or high. To get a ranking, a team needs to have a certain amount of matches under its belt. While the higher skilled teams usually survive the first few rounds in the open tournaments and can easily get the needed amount of matches to get ranked, lower skilled teams get kicked out in the first round most of the time and have a hard time getting the needed matches. All tournaments will be using the same set of unlocks as the Sunday cups.
If you would like to play in the skill tiered tournaments in August, please consider signing up for a few of these cups – or create community tournaments and play in them. All matches contribute to your team’s ranking. Check out the tournaments page over at ESA, it will be updated frequently.

Last edited by CanFo,

AnimaL

would getting banned by esa anticheat also result in bans on etf2l?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from AnimaL

would getting banned by esa anticheat also result in bans on etf2l?

No, same as ETF2L bans do not carry over to ESA.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Removed the Quickfix from the allowed unlocks list. It will only be readded, if it receives a nerf.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Whaaaat, why?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Sideshow

Whaaaat, why?

(copy pasted my answer from the TFTV thread)
While I personally completely agree with you and think the Quick-Fix can be a good tool to shift the meta game and make medic play more exciting, it looks like most of the EU TF2 elite do not. Check the comments over at VTF2 http://www.vanillatf2.org/2013/07/esa-tf2-ozone-open-cup-4/ or the post-game interviews on VTV or TFTV to see what I mean.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Man! Quick-Fix is the only unlock listed that actually has any real impact… maybe the GRU (which is banned elsewhere!)

Now the cup just tests a bunch of shitty pointless fluff. Why bother?!

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Admirable

Man! Quick-Fix is the only unlock listed that actually has any real impact… maybe the GRU (which is banned elsewhere!)

Now the cup just tests a bunch of shitty pointless fluff. Why bother?!

this is pretty true, i think the QF needs more than 1 cup to be tested properly, and all the other stuff people probably wouldnt use on as much of a regular basis as the QF

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I’d like to see some of these opinions of players written down as well so that people can look over them rather than having to trawl through post-game interviews.

exeL

Doj.

i really think the way to treat the unlocks is to allow them all (in our minds! not really…) and than ban the OP ones – why would u ever ban a useless weapon?
if its a shitty weapon and someone still wants to play with it – let him have it.
bad/useless weapons should be allowed automatically, while other weapons, that actually affect gameplay like quickfix or direct hit should be discussed – whether to ban them or not.
edit: well, some weapons which would make the gameplay worse – stalematey or something should obviously be banned too…

Last edited by exeL,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Bad weapons should be banned just to keep mixes from being ruined by trolls.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

ESA really needs an easier way to contact other teams. Randomly adding people on Steam in case they turn out to be the team leader is suboptimal. Also 3rd place should be best-of-1, because nobody cares by then. Also when you add comments to a match page it doesn’t increase the comment number, so the other team don’t know you’ve posted the server connect or asked for one of them to add you. With the current site design these tournaments are a lot of hassle to play in.

Last edited by fraac,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from fraac

ESA really needs an easier way to contact other teams. Randomly adding people on Steam in case they turn out to be the team leader is suboptimal.

You do not really have less possibilities to contact your opponent than in ETF2L. What extra option would you like to have? An on site messaging system on top of the existing features?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I’d like for the bracket page to have links to the team pages, and someone on the team be marked as the leader, and their steam profile addable without having to find them via etf2l.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from fraac

I’d like for the bracket page to have links to the team pages, and someone on the team be marked as the leader, and their steam profile addable without having to find them via etf2l.

Team- and match links from the brackts are already on the to-do, marking leaders as leader should be doable and the Steam ID already links directly to the user’s steam profile, if he entered it in the correct format.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »